Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Uberplay rules state:

"If no player put on an exhibition that round, the Thieves leave the Castle empty handed."

(Emphasis mine)

In this case do they leave the castle, and therefore do not get arrested? Or does is the "leave the Castle empty handed" just being clever, and they do go to jail? The Detective section points out that thieves go to jail whether or not they stole, but this can happen with say one exhibitor and four thieves, with a three card exhibition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
So the Uberplay rules state:

"If no player put on an exhibition that round, the Thieves leave the Castle empty handed."

(Emphasis mine)

In this case do they leave the castle, and therefore do not get arrested? Or does is the "leave the Castle empty handed" just being clever, and they do go to jail? The Detective section points out that thieves go to jail whether or not they stole, but this can happen with say one exhibitor and four thieves, with a three card exhibition.

It's just an expression, if caught by a detective, they still go to jail. Either way [jail or home], they're 'leaving' the Castle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the thieves get arrested. It might seem slightly unfair, as they didn't steal anything! Maybe they are arrested for previous offences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
I tell players they were arrested for "breaking and entering".

This is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.