Subject: Combining decks (Is a guide posted?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite playing quite a lot in the last month, I am worried one mistake we made when combining all relevant decks, was combining those from both core sets.

I recall hearing that FFP had an official errata for SoB, which included official suggestions for melding all content together, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know where to find that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an unofficial FAQ that talks about this. I'm not sure where they got the answer, but maybe it was from another forum here somewhere.

Q: "I got both Swamps of Death and City of the Ancients and am wondering how best to integrate the cards from both sets.":
A: Post by the designer, Jason Hill:
The only three elements that you may not want to mix together are the Loot deck, Scavenge deck, and the Exploration Tokens. These can be mixed together to just give you a double-sized deck/stack of each, but all that really does is give you a lot more potential for swings of luck (for better or worse) when drawing from those decks/stacks. It makes things more random, but can allow you to never pull Gear or Artifacts as Loot, or go potentially twice as long in the mines without finding the objective room, if you are unlucky. It doesn't really 'break' anything though, so it is up to you.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1271979/unofficial-faq-erra...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that. What are player's general thoughts on the matter? I mean, in theory, the ratios are the same across all those pools in both base sets, right?

I mean, yes, hypothetically it could make exploration go unnaturally long, but we've been playing everything together thus far and nothing seems too odd?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play like it's specified in the FAQ. I haven't tried mixing everything, but I think it can swing things to much for better or worse. One game you can get 8 passages in a row and no clues on the non passages when the next game you get three clue tokens in the first three rooms and the game is to short and easy. Likely not going to happen, but the possibility exists if you don't play with just one set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I am right in thinking they, the exploration tokens, were the same across both core sets right? Just curious at this point, and thanks again for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
But I am right in thinking they, the exploration tokens, were the same across both core sets right? Just curious at this point, and thanks again for the help.

Yes. I have the second set carefully stowed away in case I lose or damage one of the first set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.