Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Romance of the Nine Empires» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battle Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
OK the battle sequence is a little fuzzy in this game so I'm trying to understand.

Immunity is that only determined when someone engages?

I'm assuming that the attacker can make any card immune that has a higher strength than the attacking unit?

Can a unit still absorb damage once it's bowed from engaging?

Can you only engage once in a battle?

My understanding as well is that damage is only given by the engaged cards, so if the defender engages none of the attacking units being engaged deal damage back to the defender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Steve SMASH!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemme see if I can help here.

Immunity is that only determined when someone engages?

Right. When the defender engages a unit, the attacker can make some of his cards immune, if they are strong enough to be immune.

Can a unit still absorb damage once it's bowed from engaging?

Yes.

Can you only engage once in a battle?

During a battle, you and your opponent alternate taking actions, either from Battle abilities on cards, or various other things. One of those other things is engaging for damage. So, if you have multiple unbowed units, you certainly could engage multiple times in a battle, with each engagement being a separate action.

My understanding as well is that damage is only given by the engaged cards, so if the defender engages none of the attacking units being engaged deal damage back to the defender.

I'm not following this one. Basically, it works like this- if I'm the defender, and I have a unit that contains a 3S Hero with a 4S Cohort attached, I can (as an Action), bow the whole unit to put out 7 'damage' that the attacker must satisfy. At this point, the attacker can claim any of his cards with a Strength of 8 or higher are immune. However, anything not immune is fair game- he has to start killing off cards to satisfy that 7 'damage'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.