Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Trying to wrap my head around all the differences between these 2 league match types. If Im following it correctly, the only differences happen in the post match procedures and those would be...

Friendly matches dont earn league points but will earn fortune and fame. And the risk of injuries and casualties still exist (right?) so not sure its worth playing friendlies just for a small addition in gold.

Would you update td and casualty totals from a friendly match?

Am I missing anything or is this it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mb
I suppose that the rules do seem to indicate that you wouldn't earn Star Player Points for friendlies, but honestly, you're right--I don't know what incentive you'd have to play such games in a league setting, unless injuries don't count either, which isn't mentioned in these rules. The risk is too great when balanced against an amount of gold that may not even be enough to replace a lost player.

All the leagues that I've heard of who have an "open scheduling" portion of a season do so specifically with the intent of a coach being able to improve their team by earning SPPs. It's worth remembering that the league rules are particularly open to interpretation by League Commissioners...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
I believe you do earn SSP, but there will not be an MVP assigned. So if you go for a friendly match, avoid the bashy teams that look to gain SSP by inflicting injuries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.