V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reaction fire during the enemy phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spe Oneshot
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

During the Enemy Phase, especially the Enemy Reinforcement Step, when a enemy unit enters by a tile containing a visible commando, can we use our +1 action token to shoot before the reaction fire ?

The +1 action can be performed in the same conditions as an action costing 0 but between the enemy steps only, not during. In the case above, we're still during the 1st phase of the enemy phase so I would say no but I'm not sure of the timing.

In the same case, does the enemy unit shoot immediately as written so during the Enemy Reinforcement Step or during the Enemy Shooting Step (so it could allow the +1 action token to shoot between 2 steps) ?

Thanks for your appreciated help. This game is so great !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jbattut wrote:
Hi,

During the Enemy Phase, especially the Enemy Reinforcement Step, when a enemy unit enters by a tile containing a visible commando, can we use our +1 action token to shoot before the reaction fire ?

[EDIT] Sorry, I misunderstood your message (because you said "reaction fire" and there is no reaction fire in this case because this is the enemy who moves, reaction fire occures anytime when a visible commando leaves or moves onto a tile containing enemy units). If an enemy enters your tile and you are visible, you can use your "+1 Action token" to shoot him before the enemy shooting step.

jbattut wrote:
The +1 action can be performed in the same conditions as an action costing 0 but between the enemy steps only, not during. In the case above, we're still during the 1st phase of the enemy phase so I would say no but I'm not sure of the timing.

In the same case, does the enemy unit shoot immediately as written so during the Enemy Reinforcement Step or during the Enemy Shooting Step (so it could allow the +1 action token to shoot between 2 steps) ?

Then the enemy units will simply shoot during their shooting step. Thre is still no reaction fire as long as you do not leave the tile being visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean moving away (into a small tile, becoming stealthy) won't provoke reaction fire if you do it on their turn then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Normandie
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No the action requires a stealth test if you move and a reaction shoot if there are enemies on your tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated my initial answer (I did not get the question correctly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spe Oneshot
France
flag msg tools
Hey man,

You're everywhere ! Tric Trac, BGG, Facebook. Quick to answer. Such an example for lots of long-standing publishers ! Thanks a lot for your answers. Now begins the less fun phase where you will answer some questions after first games of players but it will not last as your rulebook is already really good. It is rare I post an opinion on a game but your game is worth the trip and I'll do one.

Thanks again for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.