Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Beecher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 3.0 outlines the sequence of play. The first phase of a turn is A. Initial Magic Leader Movement Phase.

This phase is referenced in the description of the fifth phase of a turn:
E. Second Magic Leader Movement Phase
Players repeat Phase "A" with the following exceptions: Leaders that cast Spells in "A" may not do so in this Phase; and the Sauron Magic Leaders move (or cast Spells) first in this Phase.

Question: Do you interpret this as "Leaders that successfully cast Spells in ..." or as "Leaders that cast Spells (successful or not) in ...."?

My sense is that perhaps it is the former. If it were otherwise, it seems like the rule could have been written more simply as "Magic Leaders may only attempt to cast a Spell once per turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Sauron rules:

Thus in each Magic Leader Movement
Phase, including the one in which the Beast is
originally conjured, Sauron may use his magic to
give the Beast special capabilities. To do so is to
use his spell attempt for that Game-Turn.

Hidden away but it clarifies that you only get one spell attempt per game turn. At least that's how I read it.

I haven't mentioned it but I'm having a lot of fun looking up rules during your playthrough. I usually don't want to take the time when I'm playing so I just guess but I've wondered the above question for quite a while. Glad I finally found an answer. I'm still working on that catapult question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Beecher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robertg611 wrote:
From the Sauron rules:

Thus in each Magic Leader Movement
Phase, including the one in which the Beast is
originally conjured, Sauron may use his magic to
give the Beast special capabilities. To do so is to
use his spell attempt for that Game-Turn.

Hidden away but it clarifies that you only get one spell attempt per game turn. At least that's how I read it.

I haven't mentioned it but I'm having a lot of fun looking up rules during your playthrough. I usually don't want to take the time when I'm playing so I just guess but I've wondered the above question for quite a while. Glad I finally found an answer. I'm still working on that catapult question...

Thanks for chasing this down! I'm working on some consolidated errata that I'll post, and I'm going to add this clarification to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.