Hide
8 Posts

Slaughterball» Forums » Rules

Subject: League matches and Arena choice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chet Swan
msg tools
What or whom determines the arena to be played in League Games? Playing in the Dungeon will obviously be different than playing at Olympus so what method determines the venue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Chet, I didn't include any rules for choosing which arena for league games.

Off the cuff:

Randomly choose an arena from each team that has not yet played a home game this season.

If all teams have already played a home game, randomly choose from the teams that have played the fewest home games.

Any other suggestions out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to do:

Team with the lowest league score picks the arena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cotton Donkey
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the lowest ranked team is doing the challenging, would it be fair to let them choose the arena as well?
It may give them a chance to have an advantage, aside from who they challenge.

Might be unbalanced or taken advantage of.

Like the idea of fewest home games, gets to choose.

Does it have to be your teams home arena?
And should it be revealed what arena immediately after the challenge, so players have an idea of where they are playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cotton Donkey
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like someone beat me to it.
Slow finger typing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play a scrimmage game on the Quad, winner picks arena. Any excuse to play more. Also whoever buys the pizza picks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
every team must play in every arena

eg: fury when he plays "home" he picks their corrispondent arena same for other teams

This way all the teams should be able to play once on their home...

then for other league matches play on the standard Board for maximum balance...

you can pick Team arenas only when a challange is issued or when you have to do resolve tie breaks with the Weakest team getting priority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like the fairest way would be to let chance decide. The team boards are numbered 1-8. Slaughterball conveniently supplies a D8 with the game. Roll and the number chooses the pit. For a little fun variation you could let coaches reroll the dice by cashing in one or more of their cheerleader "reroll" tokens! Makes wonderful thematic sense that teams with the greatest number of cheerleaders would have the strongest fan base and have the best chance to field an arena that suits their needs. The coaches would not be able to use the cheerleaders that rerolled in the game but some coaches would rather have the chance at home field advantage instead of a single play option. Of course they still only have a 1 in 8 chance per reroll. No guarantees.

You could still have the rule stating that each arena must be used at least once, so choosing when to go for home advantage will depend on the teams you are facing. In a standard 10 game league that leaves 2 games free for return visits.

If you don't have all the team boards yet then assign a set of numbers to each board then roll D6/D4/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.