4 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Worlds Tournament Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
New article up on Epic Insights (http://epicinst.blogspot.com) covering my experience last weekend at the World Championship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great article! Thanks for sharing. I did wish you would have spoken more about how your token deck performed because I feel like it had to be the only token deck to be played the whole weekend. Congrats on doing as well as you did and I wish you luck in the future.

I still am angry at you for hooking me onto your DoB control like deck as I used it in all my constructed events to no avail. I just loved the DoB combo so much I wanted it to work. It can beat any deck but is too inconsistent I think. Uprising adds some good cards though so we'll see how it will fare.

Thanks again though and I hope you keep writing stuff. There was too much of a drought in the build up to Worlds in my opinion .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hebert
msg tools
Great read! Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff Derek!

My experience was very similar to yours. Did better than expected in the limited portion, then dropped all three constructed rounds despite using a very similar deck to the one I qualified with. Uprising has really shaken up the meta, that's for sure.

Glad I got to play against you in the Monday Qualifier. Hopefully see you again next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.