Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed and in the spirit of the game to look through the vineyard stack for a region to determine the sequence of red vs. white wines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume not since I generally assume any unrevealed stack of items cannot be looked through unless explicitly allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. But you can use a wine expert that has the ability to reorder the tiles to your liking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, we've been wondering the same thing, but the existence of the wine expert that lets you look through and rearrange a stack of vineyards had us err in favor of not looking. Due to the nature of the tiles, we basically need one player to do their best not to look too closely, since someone sitting at the top of the table has a good shot at seeing the color order accidentally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some solutions discussed in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1667791/best-way-randomizes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
Thank you for that link. I searched the rules forum but not the general forum.

The rules do not state anything about this one way or the other. My initial instinct was "no" because by gaming default stacks aren't to be rifled through unless explicitly stated. However, I then realized that the graphic design of the tiles made it fairly easy to see the order. The wine expert tile allows a player to "rearrange" but says nothing about allowing someone to view, which might suggest that viewing is allowed without a special power.

After it was all said and done, I was leaning towards "no" but felt like I wanted an explicit clarification.

I think I'll play with one tile in each region, with subsequent tiles to be randomized before placement (unless order determined by a wine expert tiele).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely think you are not supposed to be able to look through the stack.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a thematic reason. Presumably, you are out scouting the vineyards in the various locations so it would seem odd that whether it is red or white would be random

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.