Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katherine Gualtieri
United States
Barneveld
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I have really been enjoying playing this game. I especially like it because I usually beat him. thumbsup We were playing today and I was struggling to get my engine going so he started to sail ahead of me in points. Finally, he was ahead 19-11. I knew I had only one chance to try and beat him. I trashed my warehouse and went back to 10 points giving me 9 extra dice to work with, plus I cashed in two CHIPI's. With all those extra dice, the two I got from my regular turn, the 5 that had been in my warehouse and the 4 unstable resources my colony produced I was able to buy 3 more fallout shelters, adding it to the one I already had, giving me 9 points. Now we were tied! Then I was able to upgrade one of my cards and won the game. It was pretty awesome. I really didn't think I'd be able to pull it off and it felt great when I did! Thanks for designing this great game Mr. Alspach meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hopkins
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did something similar tonight with my wife

One question, though: when did you use your CHIPIs? I believe you need to decide to use them before you roll the three dice for your turn.

Also, you wouldn't have gotten 9 extra dice, you would only get 8 because your score is only recalculated at the end of your turn. Even though trashing your upgraded warehouse decreased your point total in your tableau, it would not decrease your point total on the score track until you updated your score after you had taken all of your actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Gualtieri
United States
Barneveld
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, of course, used my CHIPI's when I rolled the three dice. No sense holding onto them as this would be my last turn.

As for reducing my points for trashing the warehouse, we house ruled that we score as we buy cards, not in the cleanup phase as were making scoring mistakes. Thus, we house ruled that when you trash a card you lose the points immediately giving you the extra dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things...

1. Your score is only adjusted at the end of your turn. You always get the same amount of dice from trashing a card, regardless of whether it gave you points or not. In your case, you should have gotten 8 extra dice.

2. CHIPIs are spent and rolled along with your initial 3 dice. You trash a card to get more dice after all of that has been sorted out. Nice side effect of this is you can use a card and then trash it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.