Plague Inc.: The Board Game» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Awesome Board Game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Whitaker
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools

I have to preface this by saying, I have been a huge fan of the Plague Inc. franchise since the original phone app. I was also part of the Kickstarter for this game.
The board game is a ton of fun. I played it with a group of 5 people (I have the 5th player expansion.) The game has a perfect level of complexity to me. The rules are fairly simple to follow, but you still have think and strategize.
The game has 2 primary aspects: Infectivity and Lethality. You want to spread your disease and destroy countries. If you kill too fast without spreading, you risk wiping yourself out. If you spread too fast and don't kill, you run out of infection tokens and you won't fare as well in the final scoring.
I also witnessed more than one effective strategy to the game. The winner of our first game had a focused strategy where he dominated the countries he infected and basically monopolized a continent. I was a close second with a much more spread out strategy where I tried to be on all continents.
Multiple strategies like this make for amazing replay value, and we weren't even using the optional Virus expansion. (I'm not sure right now if the retail versions come with Virus, but Kickstarter backers all get it.) I can already see how the Virus expansion will be amazing and will provide even more game variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The virus is the backside of the player boards, so I doubt it won't be in the retail version. The main difference is how it alters your base powers, which is what most of the video game's variations do.

Now to add variable rules for uplifting apes and/or creating zombie apocalypses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James V
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Creator of Plague Inc.
badge
Plague Inc: The Board Game - can you Infect the World?
mbmbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying it
The virus expansion will be in the retail copies as well. Hope to add lots more disease types in the future if the game does well enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.