Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got this and I must say we totally love it! Even though these seem like pretty good quality components I'm worried about damage and wear. I noticed after about 20 games of One night Werewolf that you could start to see wear on the tiles. One of the wolfs is marked now because of it and I can now tell when it is on the table.

Escape buy it's nature seems vulnerable. Super fast paced game play, and frequent shuffles and placement are bound to take it's toll.

Anyone notice any problems over time with their cardboard, and does anyone have any tips or advice? What about clear coating, I saw a thread about it. Anyone done it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tons of plays of Escape, and I have noticed its components starting to show signs of it.

There doesn't seem to be much you can do to mitigate it. However, it's not that awful because the game doesn't necessitate hidden information. If you're somehow able to gauge whether or not the exit tile if the second to last on the stack, it really isn't going to change your gameplay experience all that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update to my original post. After a weeks worth of heavy play, I have already started to notice some issues with the edges of the tiles. (My family tosses those tiles around like hot potatoes) Anyway, I decided to try something I saw in a YouTube video using school glue sticks. I have not got any player with the treated tiles, but they do seem more solid along the edges and all the splitting issues have been repaired. I am liking this fix so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Mosaic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A well worn game is a well loved game, filled with memories. Nothing lasts forever; relax and enjoy it while it's here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
A well worn game is a well loved game, filled with memories. Nothing lasts forever; relax and enjoy it while it's here.

Lol, wish I could! Actually, every game I got back in the 70's, 80's & 90's was completely laminated. Cards, boards, tiles, etc. They have held up through thousands of plays and they still look as good as they did when I bought them. It was a pain to trim around every piece, but it I still had access to that large press laminater, whistle

Problem, with this game is I have very little control over it for one thing, and the game is frantic for another. I have invested almost $100 in all the components and watching people toss them around the table was stressing me out. I have since gone to only solo play until I get a viable solution. I know it's crazy but that's my level of OCD, and there's no point in trying to fight it. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.