Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo rules, there are times when we are to draw a card and do something to the associated region (remove a vineyard tile, add a renown cube, etc,). In the case that the number drawn is one of the two excluded regions, should we draw another card until one of available region numbers is drawn? Or should we just act as if that region were part of the game (and not excluded during setup)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You should draw another card. This is mentioned somewhere in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRebel wrote:
You should draw another card. This is mentioned somewhere in the rules.

The only mention I see regarding drawing extra number cards to match a region has to do with breaking a tie for which region of yours has the most renown cubes.

For actions such as the Vineyard, Cellar, Winery, there is no mention of drawing cards until one of the available regions is selected (likewise for Lacerda's initial vineyard). On the other hand, for the selection of Magnate Tiles, the rules very clearly state that numbers should be drawn until one of the available tiles is matched.

Another question - if you have two regions with 1 renown cube each and Lacerda is to take 2 renown cubes from "your region with the most cubes," does he take only one cube in this case since the rules indicate a singular region (and no mention of taking cubes from more than a single region)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
David da Silva gave you the right answer. And yes, you only take one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

Thanks, Vital. I really enjoyed my first solo play and am looking forward to Lisboa (my first time supporting kickstarter).

If all of the vineyards of one of the available regions are purchased/removed by the player/Lacerda and Lacerda then draws a card of this now empty region, I assume he continues to draw cards until he is able to remove a vineyard from some region that still has vineyards available. Is this correct as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
newrev wrote:

Thanks, Vital. I really enjoyed my first solo play and am looking forward to Lisboa (my first time supporting kickstarter).

If all of the vineyards of one of the available regions are purchased/removed by the player/Lacerda and Lacerda then draws a card of this now empty region, I assume he continues to draw cards until he is able to remove a vineyard from some region that still has vineyards available. Is this correct as well?

Yes. Think like a real player. Would you take the action if the vineyard you want was not there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.