Hide
15 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Storage of base game + expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dobby
msg tools
I'm strongly considering backing this game along with the expansions...against my better judgement

I assume that all the expansions can't fit into the core box. So how are people storing all these minis (including the expansions) once they are assembled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They do the best they can.
Strange answer but that's how it is.
This game is a nightmare for people living in small places.

The miniatures of the core game don't fit the box once assembled (even the showdown board needs some tricks to fit the box).
And the box itself will not comply among your other game boxes.
Don't even mention the expansions: the cards and (some) tiles fit the initial box alright but the miniatures need an additional big box (bigger than the original if you have all the expansions).
The Spidicules and Dragon King alone are huge. I mean HUGE.

So, yes, you do what you can.
Some even buy a brand new chest, just for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use the minercreations trays. It stores all of the expansions.
minercreations.com/product/fantasy-survival-game-custom-tray...

Not the mini's though. I still haven't figured that out myself. Right now I just haven't put them away. So far so good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, yes, you do what you can.

Good answer.

This game is literally Pandora's Box. Once opened you can't put it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shaun getty

New York
msg tools
Battle foam confirmed via email they are in the process of designing trays for Kingdom Death. No time line giving nor any mention if was just for core game and forgoing expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:

Not the mini's though. I still haven't figured that out myself. Right now I just haven't put them away. So far so good

I was lurking at this one for ages.
Can you remind me if it also fit the rules and tiles (expansions included)?
If it only exclude the miniatures, I'm in but if you have to leave some other content outside the box, I'm less interested then.

If it does contain everything but the minis, which option did you choose (it goes from 75$ to 140$)?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
sdobby wrote:
I'm strongly considering backing this game along with the expansions...against my better judgement

I assume that all the expansions can't fit into the core box. So how are people storing all these minis (including the expansions) once they are assembled?

the base game will fit in the box except for the phoenix which is to large.

I placed some foam inserts into my box to store the minis in.

The expansion cards will fit in the box but the miniatures obviously wont

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you will not likely travel with them much.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I myself bought this one: the main boxes above, and all the expansions + promos below:

http://www.ikea.com/be/fr/catalog/products/20275814/

And yes. I had to buy a second box to fit the miniatures in (Phoenix apart). And yes. I bought a shelf, only for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
I myself bought this one: the main boxes above, and all the expansions + promos below:

http://www.ikea.com/be/fr/catalog/products/20275814/

And yes. I had to buy a second box to fit the miniatures in (Phoenix apart). And yes. I bought a shelf, only for this game.

I like the travel-friendly design
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Since you will not likely travel with them much.

Why not? My copy travels all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
malkaven wrote:

I was lurking at this one for ages.
Can you remind me if it also fit the rules and tiles (expansions included)?
If it only exclude the miniatures, I'm in but if you have to leave some other content outside the box, I'm less interested then.

If it does contain everything but the minis, which option did you choose (it goes from 75$ to 140$)?

Thank you!

Whoops you got me on the rulebooks. I forgot that I store my books outside of the box. Everything else, except mini's, it can handle.
I went with base and additional monster tray ($85) because I sleeved all my cards. I have everything sleeved except for the gear cards. There's plenty of room for the gear cards to be sleeved though. If you do not sleeve then you do not need the extra tray and all of the rulebooks will fit in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late to the party, but have you considered this custom case?

http://oplaser.co.uk/shop/kingdom-death-multicase.html

The Kickstarter has ended, but has loads of pictures of the case in an update. Everyone seems very happy with the boxes/inserts from what I can tell (I certainly am with mine!).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/opticalpower/game-store...

I think there's even a video hiding in the comments somewhere as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
I have all expansions and I made a custom insert by foamcore. My first foamcore (and probably my only) but it was well worth the work and now everything but the bigger models fit in the box. I will not have room for all new expansions coming in 2020, but that is long time from now. I found plans on bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arz man
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia / Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store the 7 monsters + 4 starting survivors in the core box (phoenix has magnetised wings & base).

I use pluck foam tray from Battlefoam.
I think it is the "Pluck Foam Tray for the Shield/Spear Bag (GW)" because it is roughly 36x26 cm. It is 8.2cm tall (including the base).

I threw away the original insert and made my own with black foamcore. A couple of months later while looking for foam trays I found the battlefoam one which happened to fit perfectly.

Expansions will have to be stored separately.

The Watcher was added in the centre spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.