Subject: Back of box heiroglyphics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiffany Severs
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the upper right hand corner on the back of the box, there are the game attributes: "block placement", "luck", and "strategy" with corresponding circles filled out. Then, there is one with a bunch of hieroglyphics on it with all the circles filled in under it. I was wondering if this actually said anything or was just a bunch of gibberish. I've tried translating it with no luck. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's pretty much a joke. i.e. High strategy, some luck, lots of block placement and lots of egyptian themery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Severs
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok! Thanks! Was just curious/hoping for some super special secret message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah a compelling idea, but since Kosmos is a German company, if it does say anything phonetically, it's likely in german. Rather than try the double translation route, I'd rather just assume it's just themery fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shuman

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can confirm; took Middle Egyptian in college. I spent a little time browsing through the grammar book, comparing to the back of the box.

It *might* say something (in English, German etc) using some hieroglyphic font as a cipher, but you'd have to know which one.

It doesn't say anything in real Egyptian. That said...they are *real* hieroglyphs, which makes me happy. Often times designers just throw in funky made up squiggles (invariably a pyramid).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.