Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it sounds like it should be obvious, but just double-checking.

Say I have a red 6.

Can I spend the black die to move it to the 5 space, then spend another die to move it to the 4?

The rules for using dice don't mention it, so I think you can. But for some reason I'm doubting that.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each die can be used for a range of actions. It is totally permitted to use multiple dice for the "move a die" actions targeting the same die to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
Each die can be used for a range of actions. It is totally permitted to use multiple dice for the "move a die" actions targeting the same die to move.

What would be the point? Once you've "used" the die that you moved with your first "move a die" action it would be removed from the board, right? So why move it somewhere if you aren't going to use it there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bingle wrote:
What would be the point? Once you've "used" the die that you moved with your first "move a die" action it would be removed from the board, right? So why move it somewhere if you aren't going to use it there?

You're right that moving a die and then spending that same die on something that wasn't activating its location would be a waste, but that wasn't what lonadar is suggesting. He's using hist's example where you spend the black die to move the red one, then spend the yellow one to move the red one again.

This is useful if you really want to activate a location but didn't roll anywhere near it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are allowed to discard mutliple dice to move another one multiple spaces.

As mentioned, there are cases where you really want to hit a location but you landed away from it - it's quite useful then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.