Hide
5 Posts

Menu Masters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Completing menus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
So when can you complete a menu. In the rule book it says on your turn but it's not entirely clear when your turn is. Do you complete menus when you have the start player token or when you take the item card you need to complete the menu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

You can complete a menu anytime that it is your turn to do something - whether it's placing a chef cap pawn or purchasing an ingredient. Basically, while the spotlight is on you to perform an action, you can announce that you're also going to complete a menu, then do so before the next player can take their turn to do something.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
This rule and "If a chef completes a face up community Menu, it is immediately replaced with another Menu card from the deck." makes the game more luck based than we normally liked... Sometimes a player can get lucky making extra match with spare ingredients after another player completes a community Menu.

Maybe if a player completes 3 Menu cards and call game, the community Menu should stop getting replaced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Personally for me it's a pretty light Game if someone comes up at the end and steals it from me I don't care. That's just part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peugeot 206
msg tools
MantaScorp wrote:
Hi there!

You can complete a menu anytime that it is your turn to do something - whether it's placing a chef cap pawn or purchasing an ingredient. Basically, while the spotlight is on you to perform an action, you can announce that you're also going to complete a menu, then do so before the next player can take their turn to do something.

Hope this helps!

This raises another question. does the action "Completing a menu" replaces whatever action you could've done? For example, after I purchase an ingredient such that now I can complete a menu, do I have to wait for my next turn to complete the menu or right after purchasing an ingredient I can complete the menu right away?

Similarly, if during my turn I already have all the ingredients for a menu at hand and I announce I'm completing a menu, then after completing it, can I still buy an ingredient?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.