$30.00
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best way to store the cards for each set? I notice Broken Token has an insert, but I have heard it is not as good as it may seem.

Any good suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the go7gaming insert for the wooden artist case. Depending on which one you choose depends on how much uou can store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wondered this before, but why don't people like the insert? I find it handles all the cards fine (Runelords box, but I imagine they're all the same). I store sideways and the worst problem I've ever had is occasionally the villains end up at the back of the henchmen. I can even fit 4 extra sets of dice in there (as playing with just the provided set is annoying).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only really need a way to store them if you are going to sleeve your cards. Otherwise, the insert that comes with it is great. Assuming you are going to sleeve though...

The Broken Token insert is great. I know lots of people who own multiples of them.

You can also make your own from foam board.

Or you simply use cardboard card boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morris Tobin
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rank the Broken Token organizer as "Pretty Good": 4 out of 5 Stars. I try to organize my cards sections along the lines of Scenario cards (Monsters, then Barriers, Weapons, Spells, Armor, Items, Allies, and Blessings), and some sections hold the number of cards easier than others. Sleeved cards are able to stand upright and you can move many of the slats to accommodate changes to the sections, as when you add more cards when progressing through the adventures. For the organizer to maintain it's durability, some slats are predetermined and cannot be changed.

My friend uses "660" baseball card boxes with dividers. They accommodate sleeved cards also, but cards will lay on their side. These boxes are intended to hold 660 baseball cards. Dividers are sold and you'd just write the type of card on the divider (example "Monster" and "Weapon") to locate it easier. Because there are no "built-in" sections, as there are with crafted organizers, you can adjust sections as needed. Three 660 card boxes easily fit inside any base set box, and there is extra space to hold dice and minis.

I've used both methods, and each has it's benefits and disadvantages. The organizer allows you to keep your cards upright. The 660 boxes are cheap (I bought each one for about $1.25 at a local game store), but cards lay on their side. After playing a few times, you'll remember where the sections are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original is fine, but looses the capacity when using sleeves and later decks.

I am using the Go7Gaming. It's great! Very flexible, and it fits everything. Expansions, miniatures, tokens and dice.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.