Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Imperial Black Ops: Versatility rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
If multiple figures in a group are all hidden, can they each discard the Hidden condition using a Versatility to become focused during the same round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"You" referes only to the figure being activated...or the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
Well, it doesn't say "you." It says "During its activation, an Imperial figure..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chiller087 wrote:
Well, it doesn't say "you." It says "During its activation, an Imperial figure..."

Oh...well if it doesn't exhaust then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card does exhaust, but for a different ability than the one mentioned. So yes, each figure in a group can perform the ability during its own activation within the group's activation, even if the card has been exhausted to use its other ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Versatility can be used by each figure once during their activation to discard one beneficial condition to gain another beneficial condition.

The top ability is available even when Versatility is exhausted due to having been paid the exhaust cost for the bottom ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
Then I guess I'm having trouble understanding why people think it's under powered. My imperial player was using grouped up stormies to give each other hidden and all fire focused. It is bonkers how easily that was done if you happen to be even with decent range of a deployment point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Versatility is the best card of Imperial Black Ops as long as you have some other cards that gives a lot of figures hidden. (It's especially good with the Tactical Advance reward card.)

If you can deploy somewhere far enough from the rebels and put Stealth on, you can spend one activation to get for example an elite Probe Droid both focused and hidden for a big strike, then use the excess surges for Strategic Redeployment (even if the target dodges).

(Btw, the wording of True Shadow seems to prevent using the top ability of Versatility with it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico P
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chiller087 wrote:
Then I guess I'm having trouble understanding why people think it's under powered. My imperial player was using grouped up stormies to give each other hidden and all fire focused. It is bonkers how easily that was done if you happen to be even with decent range of a deployment point.

I'm on my 2nd campaign playthrough using Black Ops and it's not really underpowered at all. The Imperial can easily hide-spam everyone with (starter) In the Shadows+Shadow Corps+Stealth and focus-fire after getting Versatility and all of this only costs 6xp

In my 1st playthrough I didn't really appreciate how powerful Versatility is. All hidden figures can spend an action to pretty much give someone else hidden (focus), then the domino effect kicks in

Also yes True Shadow conflicts with Versatility (those figures can't swap for focus). I played that wrong in my 1st playthrough too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.