Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find this covered anywhere, so I'm assuming I'm stretching,
but if someone plays an assist, does it count towards your own cards for bonus purposes? Same question for playing a card out of turn due to another's Coordinated Attack (or other cards with similar abiities).

So for example:

If I have an Icon Grab in my hand, and another player assists with a Backdoor card (giving a hacker damage), do I get the bonus damage on the Icon Grab? Does that count as me playing a hacking card (and I get the Icon Grab bonus) or just another player assisting?

What about for Coordinated attack? If I throw a coordinated attack card and select a runner, and they play a hacking card, do I get the bonus if I then play an Icon Grab during that turn? Or does that count as another player playing a card?

The same situation could apply to Katana and cards of that ilk that get bonuses for other cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't remember it specified like this in the rulebook, but I think you can find differences in the way these card plays are described.

in an assist move, it always says that the OTHER player is playing the card. same goes for cards that allow other player to play cards. so in that case, I don't think it would count towards your "played cards".

the exception would be Pair Programming which says YOU can play a card from another runner's discard. in that case, it is you who play the card, even though the card itself comes from another deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
If the card specifies other cards played by YOU this turn, then assists don't count. Some cards (Katana, for instance) just refer to other cards played this turn.

If, however, your Decker played Backdoor as an assist and then Icon Grab as part of a Coordinated Attack on the same turn, then the Icon Grab would trigger as both cards were played by the Decker, even though it's not his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, that was a scenario I didn't think of. That's why I love this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.