Subject: Game Play Variant: Main Deck Event Cards Part I rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Happy 4 day weekend.

I have been enjoying this time off by working on so many new things I will be rolling out to you fairly soon.

Creating things for this game is very soothing for me. Helps me be more creative at work and be a better, more efficient writer. Moreover, it's just fun. This game is fun to play and customize.

This Mini Expansion is completely created by me. If you notice my usual intro is not here because this wasn't inspired by anyone. When I first started playing this game with the base set I wanted more...unpredictability during play. Crisis sets were soon introduced but that wasn't enough. I didn't want a Super-Villain to show up and attack me once. I wanted more from the experience. And thats when I created these...

When I originally came up with the concept of these cards I just wrote on some extra Vulnerability cards and shuffled them into the main deck. After getting all of these downloads from the Files Section and learning how to use them, I decided to make these Events more formal. One of the coolest things about these cards is the artwork.

How to Use
The cards are basic Event Cards, you just shuffle them into the main deck before the game. When you draw an Event card, immediately do what it says then discard it from the game. Fairly straight forward but a lot can happen depending on who is in the Line-Up or on top of the stack.

The Super-Villain cards are called "strikes" to give love to their first cousin, Marvel Legendary. Also, for you who want more elements of Legendary in the game, here you go.

As always, your feedback, comments and suggestion are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these, the only thing is some of the art is Marvel, if we could get something with DC artwork that'd be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
These are actually all crossover battles by John Byrne. A legendary writer artist who created iconic events and moments with all these characters. If you want a DC only version of these cards, give me a few days to put one together.

In the middle of a very nice project I hope to have ready in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freedfromthematrix2 wrote:
These are actually all crossover battles by John Byrne.

If you want to get technical, the top - rightmost picture has no Marvel heroes in it.
Just make a bunch of copies of that one and you're set!*

*"set" may not be available in your area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
grarrrg wrote:
freedfromthematrix2 wrote:
These are actually all crossover battles by John Byrne.

If you want to get technical, the top - rightmost picture has no Marvel heroes in it.
Just make a bunch of copies of that one and you're set!*

*"set" may not be available in your area

You know me, I have to try to go that extra and make each card unique and worth playing.

I will try to make a distinct DC and Marvel set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.