Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Storing Board Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seema Khan
msg tools
We have a lot of games! A lot of them don't get played because they are put away in a large cupboard and are hard to get to! I'd like to display them attractively in our family room so they are not out of sight, out of mind! They don't need to all be displayed, but at least 20-30 of them so they get played more.

How do you store your games? Pictures would be helpful.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gergotz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Like this. Almost out of room though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a storage in our living room, but we did not want to have the games in sight all the time (too messy). So we have a hybrid:

Behind all the white doors are games. If we have gamers around, we open them all. Otherwise they are closed.

Ps. I'm not at home, these were the only pics i had available. Sorry for the quality, and even more: sorry for the games on display. This is the shelve with the "we want to get rid of these" games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Rouser
United States
Johnstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have pictures right now, but if you are near an IKEA, look up their Kallax line. I am partial to the 2 block by 4 block ones personally, as they are sturdy yet easy enough to move by myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casaubon wrote:
We have a storage in our living room, but we did not want to have the games in sight all the time (too messy). So we have a hybrid:

Behind all the white doors are games. If we have gamers around, we open them all. Otherwise they are closed.

Ps. I'm not at home, these were the only pics i had available. Sorry for the quality, and even more: sorry for the games on display. This is the shelve with the "we want to get rid of these" games.

Wow, those are great! Very nice look and I LOVE being able to keep some of them "covered" at times. Where did you find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:

Wow, those are great! Very nice look and I LOVE being able to keep some of them "covered" at times. Where did you find them?

They're made by a local furniture maker. I don't think he exports to the usa. But maybe, if you are handy yourself, you can make it yourself?
If you want to, sent me a geekmail. I can send you some more pics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Plz, plz, plz tell me you do boardgame shop trading for life, or board game design and not just a regular player. goo Otherwise, I will just sink in jelly.
I don't think I have enough kidneys to sell to build it up. cry
That's like dream come true - before you play your whole collection thoroughly you'll already forget the first games you tried and can play them as new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.