Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: Content expansion in retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Didn't get a definite answer to this question earlier, so I'm trying again. Has there been a final decision on whether the Folklore Content Expansion will be part of the retail version?

What will be the difference between the Core Game preorder option and the retail version?

If any backer would like to post this to the Kickstarter page (which seems more active), that would be super nice.

I'd like to hold off purchase until retail (once there have been reviews on the gameplay and how the game comes together overall). But if the entire content expansion is missing from the retail version (which as I understand includes half the adventures, several types of monsters, etc.) then I'll have a tough decision to make on whether to preorder or not to purchase at all. Any help is appreciated!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Extracted this from a Kickstarter update:

Quote:
Kickstarter
33

New Artwork & What Items Will Be Retail
Posted by Greenbrier Games INC (Creator)

Greetings Gamers,

The information you have been waiting for is here! Thank you for being patient! Here is a list of which items will be available retail and which items will not. We are also extending the pledge manager to give you time to digest all this information. The pledge Manager will be open until July 31st.

These items will be available retail:

Folklore (Core Game) |#091037688378

Folklore: Seasons/Env/Festivals (Card pack) |#091037688392

Folklore: Recipes & Crafting (Card pack) |#091037688408

Folklore: Ghost (Miniature pack) |#091037688415

Folklore: Terrain (Miniatures pack) |#091037688422

Folklore: Encounter Record Pads |#091037688439

Folklore: Character Record Pads |#091037688446

Folklore: Dark Rituals & Artifacts |#091037688453

These items will NOT be available retail: This means that a limited number of items will be produced and only be available through our website and conventions we attend. (only while supplies last.)

Folklore: Grey (Miniatures pack) _nosku_FL06

Folklore: Tan (Miniatures pack) _nosku_FL07

Folklore: Colossal Dark Oak _nosku_FL09

Folklore: Player Mat _nosku_FL12

Folklore: Oversized World Map _nosku_FL13

Folklore: Mystery Box _nosku_FL15

Dogmight Deluxe Single Player Box _nosku_FL16

Dogmight Deluxe Game Box _nosku_FL17

Folklore: Extra Dice Pack _nosku_FL18

Still to be determined based on final manufacturing cost
:

Folklore (Content Expansion) |#091037688385


Hope this helps.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Thanks David! I've seen that one, but unfortunately it says content expansion inclusion is still to be determined (at the time of the update). Haven't been able to find anything where they say it is definitely in or out of retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the dark tales expansion the same as the content expansion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solod
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
From what I remember the expansion as a single box will not be retail since it is quite expensive to produce. I don't have proof of where I read this, but I'm pretty sure that is the case. Doesn't mean that they won't break up the expansion box into smaller sets...

Also, do you know there is likely going to be a second Kick-starter on October 31? Reviews should be out by then and it might be a good chance to pick up the expansion box which you definitely would want if you have the core game. It expands everything considerably (9 more quests, 24 map tiles as opposed to 10, and a whole slew of new minis and monsters). Hopefully that will be part of the second kickstarter as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
Is the dark tales expansion the same as the content expansion?


yes. at time of KS, it didn't have an official name yet,and was more of a loose bucket for most things stretch goal oriented. it has since evolved into the dark tales expansion, where all of the unlocked stories, most minis and most tiles ended up living. it's a dense box of content.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
murteas wrote:
Is the dark tales expansion the same as the content expansion?


yes. at time of KS, it didn't have an official name yet,and was more of a loose bucket for most things stretch goal oriented. it has since evolved into the dark tales expansion, where all of the unlocked stories, most minis and most tiles ended up living. it's a dense box of content.


Awesome! So if I pre-order that from Green briar games then I should be able to get it after the KS backers get theirs? I assume that the pre-order there isn't for the 2nd printing right?

https://secure.greenbriergames.com/gne/product/folklore-dark...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
zeeparkes wrote:
murteas wrote:
Is the dark tales expansion the same as the content expansion?


yes. at time of KS, it didn't have an official name yet,and was more of a loose bucket for most things stretch goal oriented. it has since evolved into the dark tales expansion, where all of the unlocked stories, most minis and most tiles ended up living. it's a dense box of content.


Awesome! So if I pre-order that from Green briar games then I should be able to get it after the KS backers get theirs?


correct. note exact dates are dependent on fulfillment logistics.

Quote:
I assume that the pre-order there isn't for the 2nd printing right?

https://secure.greenbriergames.com/gne/product/folklore-dark...


original printing FLXX-1st edition.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zee, Thanks! Is there any reason to believe the core game will be hard to find in retail? i.e. do I need to pre-order that as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
Zee, Thanks! Is there any reason to believe the core game will be hard to find in retail? i.e. do I need to pre-order that as well?


a bit. at least for 2017.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.