Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to add another question to the chaos that is affecting this forum, but I didn't see this addressed in other topics.

I'm not understanding what happened to the SGs. We blew through them all in a microsecond so they should all be unlocked, but I'm not seeing them on the campaign anymore. Is Poots going to adjust their cost so we have to unlock them again since his expectations were so far off? That doesn't seem very fair to me, personally. Or is he holding them back just to have something fresh to reveal to us over the next ~2 months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Read the faq entry, #15...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679203/kingdom-death-monst...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven S.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That weren't Stretchgoals. It was the official content of the 1.5 upgrade. Adam was planning to reveal the complete content one after another, but because the backers were throwing so much money in the first hours, he couldn't do it that way. Now he's showing us another piece of the 1.5 upgrade in every Kickstarter-Update to keep the campaign fresh

The Strechgoals itself seems to be revealed in each new update too. So there isn't any "achieve X total $ to see/get Y content"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

The Strechgoals itself seems to be revealed in each new update too. So there isn't any "achieve X total $ to see/get Y content"

Which is pretty disappointing. Everything has been unlocked, so everything should be revealed. And what about any new stretchgoals above 2 Millions!? I'm a fan of this game, but for now I'm rather disappointed by how the communication went/stretch goals were (weren't actually) revealed. I was expecting a better response indeed.

Hopefully we'll have more infos on monday/tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering how quickly this jumped to almost 5 million, I can understand why updating is an issue. I've never seen a KS overshoot everything so fast.

The Gambler's box die rolls seem to be the stretch goals of this campaign.

Given the huge funding overshoot, I would bet there will be some bonus stuff coming down the pipeline.

Don't forget that we haven't seen any of the new wave of expansion stuff yet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

Which is pretty disappointing. Everything has been unlocked, so everything should be revealed. And what about any new stretchgoals above 2 Millions!? I'm a fan of this game, but for now I'm rather disappointed by how the communication went/stretch goals were (weren't actually) revealed. I was expecting a better response indeed.

Hopefully we'll have more infos on monday/tuesday.

Pretty sure Adam has stated he feels it's more appropriate to reveal things slowly, even though all the planned ones have been funded. While it's true everything (currently planned) has been unlocked, it was done almost immediately and unexpectedly. You may feel it would be better for the creator to reveal them all now and then have nothing to reveal for days/weeks, but he obviously does not.

Also keep in mind that totally new stretch goals can't just be manufactured out of thin air. They take time to plan, design, number crunch for feasibility, etc. I would much rather see things revealed slowly than have the project sit "dead" for several weeks while they figure out what else they can include in the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretch goals were initially dollar based, but we have exceeded the total amount Poots thought would be raised. Therefore, everything is unlocked. It'll be released over the campaign, and hopefully Poots will add more than he initially planned due to the massive success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
Stretch goals were initially dollar based, but we have exceeded the total amount Poots thought would be raised. Therefore, everything is unlocked. It'll be released over the campaign, and hopefully Poots will add more than he initially planned due to the massive success.
yeah there will be no more excitement if he revealed everything in one huge massive update. What will we do for the next 40+ days? lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phuturist wrote:
JayOBedlam wrote:
yeah there will be no more excitement if he revealed everything in one huge massive update. What will we do for the next 40+ days? lol

Offer new options/new stories/add-ons/minis?

I can't think he didn't plan the whole thing at least up to the previous campaign 2.5 millions spot. We'll know very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Alscher
Germany
Plankstadt
Badenwürtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

Which is pretty disappointing.

This is not disappointing at all, at least for me.

I payed 777$ for a show! No more than 1 stretch goals per week if you'd ask me.

When I go to a topless Bar, I don't want the dancers running naked to the stage all at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Phuturist wrote:
JayOBedlam wrote:

Offer new options/new stories/add-ons/minis?

I can't think he didn't plan the whole thing at least up to the previous campaign 2.5 millions spot. We'll know very soon.

It would be cool though if he announced for example that we have unlocked: 6 expansions, 7 promos, 7 pinups and a new one extra something. And then he can reveal them one at a time in coming days, but at least we would know what are we waiting for!

Right now we know that we unlocked... something? We don't know what, why and when. Also we don't know if Adam will be adding something new or just stretching what he has planned.

It would be great if we know that there were X things planned for first two milions, Y things for next 2 milions and that he is adding Z new things for us to unlock now after we have reached even higher level of total pledges.

I'm not saying that Adam will not give us a lot stuff, I think he probaly is coming up with some new ideas in his head while we write this.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of people disappointed with things being unclear and people new to the KD don't understand what is happening at all, for them it seems like there is this 5 milion campaign that unlocked nothing except things in a gamblers box that were supposed to be revelead anyway.

And I personally also want a big exciting update! I think we deserve one after giving creators a very exciting first day Let us know what was planned and what we crashed! And let us know what are the new plans that we can crush again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One thing is for sure: Poots is not a very good communicator.
The only way to get this KS is to know KD:M for a long time or to get into this guy's head.
For someone completely new to the game, this KS is completely chaotic (at least it was before he eventually decided three days after the start to update the campaign page).
Same for the content: any new backer is completely lost when it comes to minis, promos and pinups.
There is no explanation to be found anywhere and they don't know the real value of each pledge (Satan's pledge is the worst: everything is there but not really because there are things that are not related to the game but still...).

It's crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bhopal wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

When I go to a topless Bar, I don't want the dancers running naked to the stage all at once.

correction: you pledged $777, you have not paid anything yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
The only way to get this KS is to know KD:M for a long time or to get into this guy's head.
For someone completely new to the game, this KS is completely chaotic (at least it was before he eventually decided three days after the start to update the campaign page).
Same for the content: any new backer is completely lost when it comes to minis, promos and pinups.
There is no explanation to be found anywhere and they don't know the real value of each pledge (Satan's pledge is the worst: everything is there but not really because there are things that are not related to the game but still...).

It's crazy.

I believe there are a few helpful threads in the forum section. Will be good to point people to those if they have queries, the community is very helpful so let's keep that going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are right but don't forget that all pledgers are not boardgamegeeks ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Lee
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
You are right but don't forget that all pledgers are not boardgamegeeks ;-)

yup that's why it'll be great to post links to threads here to help with the clarifications... Adam can't go at this alone hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:

It's crazy.

This is so right. I played this game so many hours, bought so many promos/encore edition/limited stuffs, read forums on and on... and I had to change my pledge option 2 times, and still don't have a clue what to expect from this 1.5 KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Bhopal wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

I don't need to pay $ to see tits, so I don't have those problems...
Never understood people who go to strip bars or pay a hooker...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
smurfORnot wrote:
Bhopal wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
StoerGeraeusch wrote:

I don't need to pay $ to see tits, so I don't have those problems...
Never understood people who go to strip bars or pay a hooker...

Yes but you often have to if you want to see six of them in a row ;-)

For the reste, let's not judge. It was just a comparison he made, not a debate on strippers :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Ainsworth
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phuturist wrote:
baylock wrote:

It's crazy.

I believe there are a few helpful threads in the forum section. Will be good to point people to those if they have queries, the community is very helpful so let's keep that going.

One of the biggest things most of you are failing to take into account here. This weekend was a holiday in the US. Poots launched this project alone while his staff was out in order to maintain the tradition of the Black Friday launch. He has handled creating all updates and all communication entirely by himself up to this point which was stated in one of his updates. I personally am okay with waiting a little longer to receive my info in order to allow people to spend time with friends and family for the holidays like (like they should) and allow Poots to take his time since he is at it entirely alone. We all just need to calm down and take a breath. It will all come just be a bit patient.
If you don't believe me look at the main kickstarter page. In the last 6 hours he updated it to include all the revealed stretch goals as well as available add-ons so far. The guy is doing the best he can here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
baylock wrote:

It's crazy.

itgs chaotic but it has doubled up on the previous kickstarter which means plenty of new people must have gotten it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
Or they simply went for black friday deals because all the hype?! And saving 50$ is a lot, not to mention that you can drop out free of charge.
You are u derestimating what can hype do. I sold death angels expansion packs for 35pounds, and I payed 5pounds for them days before. But people were crazy, when gw ffg love broke down, and prices spiked crazy, and now they went down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the slow reveal is definitely the right idea.

However, it has caused issue with the BF discounts. People are essentially forced into picking pledges now to get the discount even though they might want something different once all information is revealed. I have seen a lot of people wishing they had picked the core only pledge (i.e., no gambler's box) because it was only recently revealed that it would be a $100 add-on. Now the only difference between the $200 pledge and the $300 pledge is that the people at $300 have to stick with the gambler's box or lose their BF discount whereas the $200 tier people can decide once more info is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I jumped in at the $200 level when I saw the $300 level sell out in like 30 min. I'm happy that the Gambler's box is a $100 add-on, hehe. I got lucky

I also agree the slow reveal is the way to go.

From a business perspective... Stretch goals are for enticing new backers who were on the fence. If the campaign raises $5M in a couple days, that means it didn't need any stretch goals to raise that much.

An argument could be made that, in the case of early bird pledges, stretch goals also serve to convince people to keep the pledges they chose initially. But people won't be dropping pledges in the middle of the KS, they'll wait until the end when they have all the info. Therefore, there's no hurry to release a huge update with everything in it right away.

I knew coming in to this KS that Poots isn't the best communicator. But, unlike FFP and Shadows of Brimstone (also very poor communication), Poots has always delivered exceptional product.

I'm adopting a sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride attitude with this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.