Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi! Some weapons like the SSU Matrioshka's Dual 152mm ML-20S guns is a direct fire weapon but when targeting infantry with it, it does blast damage.

How do I resolve the cover for this type of attack when infantry are targeted? Do I roll one die for cover to resolve that initial shot? Or, do I roll a die for each hit from the blast attack?

I'm confused by this, and I hope that I explained it correctly, if not then let me know, and I will try to expand on it.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry Cover saves are per hit (pg 30) as in the total amount of hits rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
EyeLost wrote:
Infantry Cover saves are per hit (pg 30) as in the total amount of hits rolled.

I agree. I don't think that there's anything in the rule book to indicate that saves work differently for blast weapons.

So, if you're targeting a five-man infantry squad, you roll five dice to hit. If you get, say, 2 hits, you then roll 2 infantry saves, one for each hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks guys. So the general consensus is that direct fire weapons that deal blast weapon damage are treated as regular blast weapons when targeting infantry, and as direct fire weapons when targeting vehicles.

Cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.