5 Posts

Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Talents: Zoe, Simon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can I play Talent in another player turn?

1. Can I play Zoe Talent, and avoid Crew Strike if she get this Strike in another player turn?

2. Can I play Simon Talent, and heal Crew Strike, when I get (or another player) Crew Strike in Strike Phase (after I or another player get this Strike), or in another player turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only cards you can play outside your turn are Coordinate cards (unless the card says otherwise). Thus, Talents must be played in your turn.

You don't clean up your cards until after the Strike Phase, so you can Activate a Talent you played earlier on the same turn during the Strike Phase.

I was wrong on the last part. Cards can only be activated during the Action Phase, so you cannot Activate it during the Strike Phase either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clipper wrote:
I was wrong on the last part. Cards can only be activated during the Action Phase, so you cannot Activate it during the Strike Phase either.

That doesn't make sense, since it would make Zoe's Talent pretty darn useless, given that most crew strikes occur during the Strike phase.
I agree that you're interpretting the Rules-as-written correctly, but I would think that Zoe's Talent should get an errata that allows for this particular Talent to be activated during the Strike Phase.

I do see it limited to being useable only during Zoe's actual turn, though, just like all other Talents.

As far as Simon's Talent: "Healing" is different than "Avoiding". Strikes can only be "Avoided" at the time they are drawn, while a Strike can be Healed at any time after the Strike has incurred. However, I'm pretty sure that the Strike takes effect, even if it could be healed right away, so that Simon could not heal himself of a Strike that would knock him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, when I made my correction, I was remembering Zoe's Talent ability as saying you avoid the next Crew Strike you would draw during your turn. This would have solved all the problems. My memory was faulty, though. It doesn't say 'next'.

I agree that the best course of Action is probably to treat Zoe's Talent ability as: "Avoid a Crew Strike you would draw either now or later this turn. Defeat this Talent." I believe this makes her Talent ability work as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.