Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buckley
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Hiyo,

So, I'm wondering what happens when you gain/lose gear on a hunt which affects your armour point totals.

In the rules you determine your armour value when you depart. But if you lose your boots due to a hunt event, what happens? Do you reduce your armour in the feet by the armour value of the item? Do you reduce your overall armour value if this breaks up a set bonus? Does it stay the same?

I'd imagine that an ability which requires a full set of armour (e.g. rawhide survival ability) no longer works.

Anyone have any info or thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely a very interesting question considering RAW (Rules As Written). I'm not sure if it's covered somewhere in the book. There might be a hole there

But by logic of what is happening I think you should loose armour point on that location and you definitely loose the set bonus as you no longer have a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buckley
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
And that makes me think about the opposite - if you gain armour, would you add the armour points when it is gained? There are all kinds of weird opportunities for this kind of thing to happen.

Odds of getting an official answer are slim at the moment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you lose a part of your armour, it's gone immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buckley
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Thanks for your input Michael - is there anything i can refer to rules wise, or is your answer based on your intuition? My instinct is the same as yours, but I am curious to see if it is reflected in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buckley
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Apparently this is addressed in the rules, a helpful soul on the kickstarter page pointed me to this:

Pg46 bottom left corner, "If armor gear is lost during the hunt or showdown, update your armor points to reflect this loss immediately"

+1 understanding for me now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.