$15.00
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
she2 is GONE! Well, that is, she had become the latest of this with presumably "Date" indication upon the matter. What happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This place has become really toxic since the election. It sorta has become a safe space for Anti-SJWs. That being said, I don't see liberals making a lot of threads, but they're also not complaining about being outnumbered. They just moved on with their lives and play board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
she2 is GONE! Well, that is, she had become the latest of this with presumably "Date" indication upon the matter. What happened?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

The drama queen of RSP is gone, oh noes !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a real shame. Sue is a good egg & a stand up dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you access information on who has deleted accounts lately ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

The drama queen of RSP is gone, oh noes !!!!

Careful not to speak to highly of your self.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
That is a real shame. Sue is a good egg & a stand up dude.

But as long as postings like Cobert's in this thread are tolerated, there will be a future with more like this happening.

I'd just like to say when people decide RSP is beyond hope, just continue with the actual reason we are here, board games, and all the rest of the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
That being said, I don't see liberals making a lot of threads, but they're also not complaining about being outnumbered. They just moved on with their lives and play board games.

I actually think most of the community here is liberal leaning. You become a liberal by applying a philosophical process to an idea while trying to place your self in another person's situation. Which is pretty much what you do when you play a game.

I certainly don't feel outnumbered..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if she started to break when I called her Slater and said I missed the thoughtful liberal posters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
I actually think most of the community here is liberal leaning. You become a liberal by applying a philosophical process to an idea while trying to place your self in another person's situation. Which is pretty much what you do when you play a game.

I don't think operating by the Golden Rule automatically makes one liberal. I think of myself if anything as conservative but this is because I believe in addressing problems as they may arise with concrete means that have been established to work without or at least with an acceptable minimum of unwanted incidental consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:
What happened?

rsp was overrun by assholes (in addition to the pre-existing ones)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, this place sure has become more mean-spirited than ever. While we would celebrate the occasional departure (or banning) of some especially odious members (e.g. Chiddler, Dr. No-No (a.k.a. "wall-of-dicks" guy, etc.) for the most part people in here actually could get along even if they disagreed on stuff and threw a few darts at each other. It does seem as though the tone has changed with the recent election, and not for the better.
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Dang, this place sure has become more mean-spirited than ever. While we would celebrate the occasional departure (or banning) of some especially odious members (e.g. Chiddler, Dr. No-No (a.k.a. "wall-of-dicks" guy, etc.) for the most part people in here actually could get along even if they disagreed on stuff and threw a few darts at each other. It does seem as though the tone has changed with the recent election, and not for the better.

I think it's important to note (a) this is not just post-election, in fact pretty much all of the swing I've seen was pre-election, and (b) it's not just the election anyway, we're not all Americans. (And not just also Brexit either.)

Yes, the very worst have gone. Though there's one I'm not sure if gone or just I'm not seeing him (I don't have anyone blocked, so it's not that). But at least one is still here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be unpopular, but this is going to keep turning into a bigger and bigger shithole unless we bring back some form of moderation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sucks. But given some of the no brain asshole responses above, not that surprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
This might be unpopular, but this is going to keep turning into a bigger and bigger shithole unless we bring back some form of moderation.

Not going to happen. I expect what's going to happen is that RSP will continue to evolve for both good and bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so sad, and is only an indication of what a shitty place RSP has become.

Sue was one of the only genuinely good people here. She was fair, and kind, and more moderate than most of us. She was the first to call out others (liberals and conservatives) who crossed a line, and was willing to concede good points to those she disagreed with. She also made genuine attempts to connect to people personally through geek mail, and was active in half the forums on BGG. She was a class act and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than she got.

If I had ever been named Geek of the Week, I would have chosen she2 as my successor. Fuck the assholes who drove her away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:

Agreed. I thought Aldie et. al. did not want to waste time on us. All I can do is try to not post snark, and instead start threads about interesting topics such as articles from The Economist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
einsteinidahosu wrote:
That being said, I don't see liberals making a lot of threads, but they're also not complaining about being outnumbered. They just moved on with their lives and play board games.

I mean outnumbered on RSP in the last few weeks, as Trump's election released a Ghostbusters-level slime wave across here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Where do you access information on who has deleted accounts lately ?

For one thing you can tell from PM's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
antiussentiment wrote:

I don't think operating by the Golden Rule automatically makes one liberal. I think of myself if anything as conservative but this is because I believe in addressing problems as they may arise with concrete means that have been established to work without or at least with an acceptable minimum of unwanted incidental consequences.

There are few absolutes.

But certainly, I wouldn't call most conservative posts lately "kind and empathetic". They were almost all gloating, cruel, angry, and callous. And that's when they weren't being outright vicious and personal. So the act of acting kind and empathetic may tend to lead people into being liberal.

She2 was really done several months ago. In order to walk away without looking back, she had to delete her account. Perhaps she'll be back like others who deleted their accounts or maybe she'll focus on living a happier life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just see nothing conservative about those who typically call themselves conservatives on this forum of late. Tripp, BJ, and others who used to be interesting posters have turned off their brains and become merely spiteful and uninteresting. Others were never much of anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.