Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Stormtrooper (or non-unique) question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you discard a card to re-roll, you select any or all dice to re-roll.

So, my question is, if you want to re-roll multiple Stormtrooper dice, do you need to roll each Stormtrooper separately or roll your dice all together and pick which Stormtrooper gets which die.

It makes a big difference, particuliarly if one of your stormtroopers have low health or upgrades.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should roll separately because it's important to know which die goes with which card. It's all one big re-roll, but doing it separately avoids confusion for you and your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
You should roll separately because it's important to know which die goes with which card. It's all one big re-roll, but doing it separately avoids confusion for you and your opponent. It also matters for upgrades like having multiple Holocrons out.

Is this an official answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
You should roll separately because it's important to know which die goes with which card. It's all one big re-roll, but doing it separately avoids confusion for you and your opponent. It also matters for upgrades like having multiple Holocrons out.

That's how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vikingbill71 wrote:
roborob wrote:

No, not official.
The FAQ says it should be obvious to know which dice belong to which character. And I couldn't find anything that said you cannot break the pool up. How does your group deal with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
vikingbill71 wrote:
roborob wrote:

This is what the FAQ says.

"If I am using multiples of the same character, do I have to
remember which dice came from which character?
• Yes. Make sure that each character’s dice are positioned
in such a way that it is obvious which character they came
from. If a character is defeated, its specific dice must be
removed from the pool, if they are there."

I would say roll them separately. Kinda hard to remember who the dice belong to if you bunch'em up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

I'm new to this game. Where can I find the official FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Full rules, along with FAQ, are on FFG page:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/67/12...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.