Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: buy or not to buy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
biggs
msg tools
Hi guys im really thinking buying core set only because of rtl .. Im purely solo player so.. yeah... Now if i may ask can someone who finished tutorial and that 1 campaign and delve explain for how many hours it ll take those campaigns?

I know if i buy expansions i ll get more heroes , monsters and 1 side q per expansion but how many missions are in those campaigns...

And lastly i would feel stupid not to play original campaigns so is that RAV system the best way to replace overlod?

Thanks for answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
In the full lenght campaign "Kindred Fire" you play 6 main quests and about the same number of side quests. With 4 heroes it took us about 24 hours to complete.
The tutorial campaign is way shorter, there's an intro quest, 2 side quests and 1 main quest for about 4-5 hours of content.
Then there's the paid DLC "The Delve" that's a semi-randomized sequence of 6 encounters. I had the chance to play it only once and lost halfway through after about 2 and half hours, so I'd say that each run takes about 3-5 hours. Can't wait to give it another try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Russell
Canada
Clive
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I take a group of characters through the main campaign, can I use the same leveled up characters in subsequent expansions or am I supposed to start over with fresh ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
(Road to Legend): The app assumes you start anew each time you start a new campaign.

(Physical game): Each campaign of Descent is a fresh start and each of the full campaigns has a fair number of quests you will not play on your first run so there is some replayability even if you run through the same campaign a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Russell
Canada
Clive
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game ( and all expansions) with "RedJak's automated overlord" and it's awesome! You can download it in the files section.
I haven't tried the app yet, but I'm sure you'll have a great time with the game.
It's definitely one of the best games I've played. Mind you, I think the app will play differently than just the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.