Subject: Mighty Echo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody else got the idea that with introduction of titans Echo might be a first pick in every game? cool

Just look at her abilities! Good against gods, better against titans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Anybody else got the idea that with introduction of titans Echo might be a first pick in every game? cool

Just look at her abilities! Good against gods, better against titans.

Every army has a leader, so being good against gods is a moot point. She isn't good against Athena.Also, consider that being that weak needs a lot of support or will be a minor distraction (say a range 2+ Typhon, ranged god, etc)

There is still some truth in your statement, if you look at it this way. Titans cost RP:

-You will get less AoW's overall unless you make an inefficient decision by adding alot of AoW heavy units (not worth it unless it is Typhon).
-You will have less units on average with which to stop echo.
-You will have less activations on average to waste on echo.

If you are a Titan, then I agree echo is a pain, especially since she costs 2 which is basically the difference in RP.

If the enemy is a God, then those disadvantages won't matter and Echo will likely get crushed by a strong unit with a lot to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah:

I am not sure whether you understand everything that I meant.

Yes, every army is (in normal scenarios) led by god or titan.
She has annoying ability to get through heavy defence that could be useful
in every game (more useful against Atlas than against Athena, but still OK at least). In every game there will be heavy unit that you need to harm

Her other ability disrupts nearby units and therefor can seriously annoy lot of units, especially "overpriced" titans. She can also "trap" wounded gods etc.

She definitelly needs Kevin Costner bodyguards against snipers etc., but those are pretty easy to get.

I am not sure how Typhon can get to range 2. Do you mean on elevated terrain? That is not so easy to set up.
I believe tha Typhoon can kill her with Tempest that is pretty expensive
however and Guard unit might still protect her.

I believe she might be very good against gods too.
She needs bodyguard, but can alternatively bomb clustered units, threaten heavies and protect your own cluster from close range harm.
That all for two points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Dolan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
Anybody else got the idea that with introduction of titans Echo might be a first pick in every game?

Great point on power - but first pick is risky. If someone did that against me I would quickly snag a low cost ranged glass cannon type to neutralize her. I haven't read every character, but Atalanta seems to be a good candidate - her weak defense wouldn't matter much against echo.

Either way, this highlights why my favorite aspect of this game is the draft "mini-game" at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things I really like about this game is that there's so many options for achieving the same thing. So, even though you have to "counter-draft" according to your opponent's units, you're not locked into one particular strategy.

I agree that Echo sounds like a strong choice against some of the Titans. However...

Marsyas can take a Titan for a walk. Since only one of the Titans can fly and Marsyas has Climb, that's a 1-point-unit locking down an unassisted Titan for good right there.

Pandora forces discards, which should hurt Titan armies the most since their decks are thinner by design. And those awesome 3-card titanic abilities are awfully hard to use without three Art of War-cards.

Both Enceladus and Typhon have a strategy value of zero, which means that Oedipus would have The Answer against their attacks.

... and so on. I didn't even mention the hero who officially carries the title of "the God-killer".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oedipus is practically invulnerable to Typhon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Everyone is equal in the eyes of Echo"

She's a very unique, both her look as her talents. Armour or strength don't matter to her. 4 dice vs 5 defense in her and all adjacent areas - that's potentially a nice amount of damage.
Just give her a nice bodyguard. Geryon would fit the theme nicely.

Don't forget that on top of that, all units in her and adjacent areas must pay 1 AoW to activate.

heart Echo! heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.