5 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blight Condition - Confusing Reckoning Lore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Dakeyras
msg tools
Hi,

In my regular group an interesting discussion popped up during our first plays of the Signs of Carcosa Extension.

The new Blight Conditions state as the Reckoning Effect the following:

The allies you surround yourself with act erratically and without cause. Flip this card

There is no reason reason rule-wise to think this, but one of the players in our group raised the idea that the Reckoning Effect only should apply if you actually have allies. One argument to support this is that upon gaining the Blight condition you are supposed to discard one ally, thus allies do play a role regarding this condition.

We decided not to go for this, but we were still curious about other opinions.

Cheers,
dakeyras7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blights do not require you to have an ally card in order to resolve their reckoning effect. That part is flavor text setting up the effect on the other side of the card. The mechanical impact of a blight on ally cards are the discard when the blight is acquired and the reckoning effect.

If you need some sort of fluff explanation, it could be any friend, family member, employee, hired local or anyone else the investigator would theoretically be interacting with regularly that does not rise to the level of being an ally card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Dakeyras
msg tools
Thanks!

That's what we already thought. I think the word ally is confusing here, because it has an relevant meaning in the game. They could have used "friends" or something similar maybe, but I guess that's not "lovecraftian" enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Eldritch Horror to Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dornian
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the other players count as allies as well.
Edit: Thematically l mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.