Subject: drawing investigation cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Correct?
I can choose to keep drawing cards, one at a time, until i decide to stop (or the other players decide to smack me because I am so unlucky ), or do I have to choose how many cards I want to add to an investigation before starting to draw?

(We played with the 'one at a time' rule)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may draw one card at a time from the investigation deck until you decide to stop or run out of cards.

Edit: Changed "confidence cards" to "investigation deck" because the deck could contain both confidence cards and dread cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
You may draw one card at a time from the investigation deck until you decide to stop or run out of cards.

Edit: Changed "confidence cards" to "investigation deck" because the deck could contain both confidence cards and dread cards.

This is all correct.
Thanks for helping Kubigaruma.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marieke Brinks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Probably a silly question, but it is not clear to me what I can do with the dread cards in the investigation deck.

Can I use them to help me, that their icons can become points ( when matching of course)?

As English is not my mother tongue, sometimes I miss something in the rules that probably is obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mariekemeisje wrote:
Probably a silly question, but it is not clear to me what I can do with the dread cards in the investigation deck.

Can I use them to help me, that their icons can become points ( when matching of course)?

As English is not my mother tongue, sometimes I miss something in the rules that probably is obvious.

Hi Marieke, your assumption is correct.
You are allowed to use virtue tokens, items or dread cards from your investigation deck to overcome dreads.

Here is the newest version of the rulebook: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134509/grey-fox-games-fir...

Just have a look at page 9: If you face a dread card for example you may draw as many other dread cards from your investigation deck as you like, hoping for matching symbols which are required for the current dread card.
You may also use the investigation deck for endgame challenges, try to distribute the dread cards equally among each character as the endgame begins.

I hope you understood my explanation.

EDIT: The investigation deck also contains confidence cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marieke Brinks
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thank you, and thanks for the link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.