$35.00
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the quest "what's yours is mine" from "Lair of the Wyrm", there is a locked door.
The rules say that monsters move as if there was no door, but cannot trace line of sight through it. It doesn't say that monsters can open the door.
It says that heroes can open the door once they have the unique key.

Now my question:
Is it possible to block passage through the door for monsters by keeping the 2 squares on the hero side of the door occupied, for example with Image tokens from the conjurer? The monsters cannot attack trough the door, cannot open the door and cannot move through the image tokens so can't move through the door.

It seems like a good thing to do, to avoid being attacked from the back by the open group while dealing with the Hybrid Sentinels and searching for the unique key.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have that expansion (yet) but from your description I would say yes, unless there are goblins on the other side, of course (or any other monster with which I am unfamiliar and that can run through heroes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A similar exploit can be used in quests where there is overgrowth which cannot be removed. Unless the rules for that quest differ from what you've posted here, that seems like it would be possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Tang
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh, a legal exploit. Gotta remember it (too bad my group already played through that scenario). If Overlord can move his dragon 7 spaces, heroes should not feel bad about this, right?

Thanks Paul for the answers for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.