Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Bandits Module *Mild Spoliers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Wilhelm
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
So I played the bandits module for the first time last night and I ran into a problem.

Is there any way to remove bandits from a location if they've taken all the survivor slots in the location? We played with the B1-3 scenarios and one of the cards we drew for crisis had us add bandits to every location when it was drawn, which filled a ton of spaces really quickly.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to remove them in that situation is to kill them from a distance (sniper's ability or something like that) or they are all removed if you were to add a zombie and there is no zombie slot left (and bandits count as players during the add zombies phase so it will happen eventually).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies overrunning the location will clear the location of bandits. So the game itself will keep them cycling on and off the locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can trade with them - give them food card(1 food) and 1 bandit go away.
Its not bad idea, because when you fight with them you have only 50% chance to succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruno555 wrote:
Its not bad idea, because when you fight with them you have only 50% chance to succeed.

I did not know you could do that! Must find it back in the rulebook.

We played the module for the first time this last friday, but they were not a problem because I had the guy who can snipe them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will not find that in the rulebook. Read on food card. But only card with 1 food (with cereals picture). With 2 and 3 food card you cant trade (cans on picture).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruno555 wrote:

Can you trade with a bandit, when you don't share the location with him?

And for the attacking: I'm pretty sure that you need to roll equal or less than the attack value of your target (which is 4 in case of a Bandit). So your chances to kill him are at least a LITTLE in your favour ;-)

By the way: Does a failed attack on a bandit have any other negative consequences than the spent action die? I think not, but I'm not sure right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only trade with bandit when you share location. Its written on food card.
There is no negative consequences after fight with them. Actually they shouldnt be call bandits, rather helpless survivors from a rival hideout

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bruno555 wrote:
Actually they shouldnt be called bandits, rather helpless survivors from a rival hideout

Except that they also steal cards from the location decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
bruno555 wrote:
Actually they shouldnt be called bandits, rather helpless survivors from a rival hideout

Except that they also steal cards from the location decks.

And what exactly is it that you're doing at those locations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.