Black Orchestra» Forums » General

Subject: How much worse can it get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Brophy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm into stage 3, with all 4 conspirators in the cells in Prinzalbrecht Stasse, and Hitler's support is at level 7!

For my next game I will try a different tack, and have 1 conspirator not conspiring, otherwise a few bad conspire rolls and everyone is at extreme suspicion. The other conspirators can supply this "clean skin" with the relevant tools, and he is in a position to try and get them out of Jail if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having his military support at 7 isn't as bad as it sounds, you just need to wait it out til it starts to go down or you can force it down via Conspire. Everybody in jail...well, that's no good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much worse can it get? Two games in a row the Found Documents card is the first card drawn from the Stage 7 deck. Curiously by the same player in a 5 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you let the game get to deck 7, you're playing into its hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"let the game get to deck 7"

The game drives the bus. We did win the next game in the 3rd stage with a lone gunman who rolled three dice and they all came up targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I understand that the game drives the bus, but depending on how the cards come out, you may have a chance - perhaps not optimal - to go for it before it gets to deck 7. That's what you have to balance. Is it worth going for it now or risk letting the game hit deck 7 in hopes of getting one more item or a better card? Just because it's driving the bus, doesn't mean you can't pull the cord and get it to stop where you want. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not intend to go into this much discussion on our game, but we did have one or two failed plots before Stage 7. On one of the failed games, we had a third plot ready to go in only two more event cards had been drawn so the game did not end. There is never a slow news day around when you need one. We also made the game harder on ourselves by not allowing players to play "play anytime" cards while in jail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game I played, we literally went to the last card in the deck to get Officer Recruited, where you get to add 2 dice. Brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.