Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Moore
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question that I was not able to find answered specifically in the forum:

Is the current map board double-sided? Or does one edge of the map stretch all the way to one side with several half-hexes?

I am just curious how one only needs one additional mounted map to be able to play EPIC scenarios. I am assuming when you put them together they fit snugly with no awkward dead space between the two maps?

Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
ubi bene ibi patria
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, double sided, one side for normal battles, other side is 1/2 for EPIC battles! so you need one more board to satisfy your epic needs..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to ask you which edition of CCA you were asking about?

I believe, as said above, the later editions are mounted and double sided but I don't recall which edition started that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mounted and double-sides map began when they released expansions 2 and 3 at the same time. The two boxes included both lots of "barbarian/slave revolt" battles and also Roman Civil War battles, and the smaller box included the original rules for Epic and (I think) 4 epic battles.

Later, when the expansion called Epic came out it had a new and larger card deck, changed the rules a good bit, and had a lot of scenarios, including re-doing the 4 from the earlier expansion... but no 2nd board because "everyone has 2."

I hope they changed that on reprints, so that you'd get one mounted board in the base game and a second in Epics. (They could leave out the wooden card holders in Epic, which I did not think much of.)

The base game went to the mounted board by 4th edition... possibly 3rd edition. If looking to get started, you probably want to dodge 1st and 2nd, which had a thin board, not double sided, and significant rules burbles, which were fixed in 3rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mounted (double-sided) board started with 3rd Edition.

Since none of the epic material was in the Expansion 2 & 3, reprint, my hope is that the second board will be in the reprint of the Epic expansion (which would make a lot of sense at this point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.