Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys - can anyone suggest cooperative games appropriate for 6 to 10 year olds?

And, separately, games for 6 to 10 year olds where the score is hidden so the winner is not certain until the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In regards to hidden score games, what type of games are you looking for in terms of weight or theme etc?

Simple ones would be Diamant or Diamant or Celestia

A bit more complicated one not normally suggested but fits is Sewer Pirats but maybe you could find better and might work with some but not with others.

Tales & Games: The Hare & the Tortoise would be perfect

Oh and our favourite game The Little Prince: Make Me a Planet generally doesn't make it obvious who's the winner until you count up at the end but there is also a varient in the rulebook for hidden characters (what you score points for) so you really don't know how the others are doing

Co-ops don't work for my family but two you might find good suggestions are Castle Panic or Flash Point: Fire Rescue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Coops,

I think that Forbidden Island or Forbidden Desert are great ideas. I think that Castle Panic is a great one but you might need to explain a few cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape: The Curse of the Temple -- real-time dice-rolling cooperative game.

Evolution: The Beginning -- not a coop, but hidden scoring. Each turn, players' species consume food tokens that are placed in their bags, to be counted at the end of the game. Each good token is worth 1 point, as is each card the player has on the table and in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Giménez
Paraguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the hidden score (and a great game), check Ice Cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A suggestion for coop: Mechs vs. Minions. It works well with children due to its simple mechanic, maybe the younger one needs a little bit of help but that's fine since the game is coop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mb
Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Woodcock
Australia
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-ops for kids ...
Outfoxed
Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters

This might be another good one (have not played it)
Tales & Games: Little Red Riding Hood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (AFK/Away)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Tales & Games: The Hare & the Tortoise. A fantastic production, get it while you can.

For coop:
+1 Castle Panic (play full coop rules.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.