Hide
12 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Keep loosing as sin player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
First of all, i'm italian and i apologize for any grammar mistake i'll surely make.
So.. Just finished playing "Rise of the hell club".
First round heroes found an innocent token, cleared start area and got one hero a wound.
At the end of the round they gave him 4 wounds and he died.
So the first mission One hero is killed was completed.
The second mission was either Rescue one innocent token or Two heroes reach maximum corruption revealing their Dark Past card, obviously they choose the first one.
Morgana had already revealed an innocent, as i said in the beginning, and was just 2 moves away from the starting area.
As my last reaction i moved my acolyte to the starting area.
At the start of the second round they picked Morgana as the first hero.
Morgana got "Holy water", moved with the innocent to the starting area and teleported my acolyte away, doing the second mission.
After that they easily killed all non-respawnable hell club members.
What i'm doing wrong?
Lost 6 games and won only one due to a mistake made by heroes.
Also the mission involving the rescue of the innocent seems (to me) so easy compared to the Dark past one!
I was playing gluttony and corrupted doctors by the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Play as a FAITH player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chabster wrote:
Play as a FAITH player!
Kidding aside, rotating role might be a good idea to see things from another perspective and see what other players came up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you lose so consistently, it might be good to check whether you didn't miss any rules. Maybe you are playing something incorrectly that gives the FAITH players an advantage in every game?

Apart from that, some thoughts about this last mission:

1. How did they give a hero four wounds? Or did you mean they went into a fight or a number of fights to get him killed?

2. When you know one possible mission is to rescue an innocent, you should place the innocent tokens as far away from the starting area as possible.

3. At the start of the second round, you should have had two apocalypse cards revealed, which should have given you some advantages. Didn't that help you?

4. Did you use your available sin cards, or did the game end with you having most of them still on hand?

5. After they completed the second mission, did you spawn the avatar before spawning the hell club members? (that's also why the dark past mission is much harder, after that one you don't get to spawn the avatar, but only an Apocalypse card).
Because combined, i.e. the avatar and one or more hell club members on the same space, you should have a enough firepower to kill a hero that is attacking you.

5. The hell club members aren't that bad and have interesting special abilities - how was it so easy for the FAITH team to kill them off?
You shouldn't leave them to fight alone, but combine them in couples (or just turtle all in one district) to kill some heroes. After all, your goal after the first mission was just to kill three (with a four player FAITH team) or four more heroes. That doesn't sound that hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
webs1 wrote:
If you lose so consistently, it might be good to check whether you didn't miss any rules. Maybe you are playing something incorrectly that gives the FAITH players an advantage in every game?

1. How did they give a hero four wounds? Or did you mean they went into a fight or a number of fights to get him killed?

2. When you know one possible mission is to rescue an innocent, you should place the innocent tokens as far away from the starting area as possible.

3. At the start of the second round, you should have had two apocalypse cards revealed, which should have given you some advantages. Didn't that help you?

4. Did you use your available sin cards, or did the game end with you having most of them still on hand?

5. After they completed the second mission, did you spawn the avatar before spawning the hell club members? (that's also why the dark past mission is much harder, after that one you don't get to spawn the avatar, but only an Apocalypse card).
Because combined, i.e. the avatar and one or more hell club members on the same space, you should have a enough firepower to kill a hero that is attacking you.

5. The hell club members aren't that bad and have interesting special abilities - how was it so easy for the FAITH team to kill them off?
You shouldn't leave them to fight alone, but combine them in couples (or just turtle all in one district) to kill some heroes. After all, your goal after the first mission was just to kill three (with a four player FAITH team) or four more heroes. That doesn't sound that hard.

1 at the end of the round the heroes must assign 4 wounds collectively, so it's nearly certain that they will kill an hero

2 You must place 3 innocent and 4 others tokens so one for each of the seven districts, heroes can get to each of them with 2 moves

3 I had once saying "Add one fire token at the start of the round" and one "monster get one shield on sin reaction" managed to get only one fire out and used the extra shield only twice

4 Used all of my sin cards

5 after morgana's turn i spent a reaction to move some of my hellclub members into a pile, but they were still outside in the street, they sacrificed a Shooter to kill three of them in just one attack. Only a 4/4 and the 5/5 survived and they were easily killed by bruisers
Managed to kill 3 heroes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
anyway what i'm saying is that, they must save one innocent over 3 innocent tokens or take 7 corruption with two heroes and possibly get one hero killed and the apocalypse raised by one.
I think the second one is much harder than the first one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
zinho73 wrote:
Chabster wrote:
Play as a FAITH player!
Kidding aside, rotating role might be a good idea to see things from another perspective and see what other players came up with.

i'll do that, maybe playing with heroes will give me some more hints on their weakness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
franciscomirri wrote:
webs1 wrote:

1 at the end of the round the heroes must assign 4 wounds collectively, so it's nearly certain that they will kill an hero

2 You must place 3 innocent and 4 others tokens so one for each of the seven districts, heroes can get to each of them with 2 moves

3 I had once saying "Add one fire token at the start of the round" and one "monster get one shield on sin reaction" managed to get only one fire out and used the extra shield only twice

5 after morgana's turn i spent a reaction to move some of my hellclub members into a pile, but they were still outside in the street, they sacrificed a Shooter to kill three of them in just one attack. Only a 4/4 and the 5/5 survived and they were easily killed by bruisers
Managed to kill 3 heroes

So you nearly made it, it was at least a narrow loss.

1. Okay, so what did you do during the first round? It seems to me that trying to evenly wound heroes would be a good tactic, otherwise trying to hinder the completion of the second objective should be a goal, i.e. either "protecting" the innocent tokens with monsters or otherwise moving some monsters to the starting area. I guess that you would have to decide which one is the better tactic beforehand and try to execute that one and avoid being distracted by what the heroes do..

2. So you played with Map B.?

5. Piles only really make sense in buildings. Where did you spawn the avatar? Coupling him as fast as possible with at least one hell club member inside a district would have been my first priority.

But overall, it seems that you're right and this is one scenario that is comparatively easy for the heroes - which for some groups might make for some welcome change..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
franciscomirri wrote:
anyway what i'm saying is that, they must save one innocent over 3 innocent tokens or take 7 corruption with two heroes and possibly get one hero killed and the apocalypse raised by one.
I think the second one is much harder than the first one

The second one IS much harder than the first one, but, as I said before, the second one leads to the Sin player revealing one more apocalypse card, while the first one gives the sin player the most powerful monster in the game. So I think this at least partially makes up for the easy mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
i don't think that a non respawnable avatar is so strong, also i didn't manage to use it that much, only to protect an hellfire member who got killed anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
webs1 wrote:
franciscomirri wrote:
webs1 wrote:

Managed to kill 3 heroes

1. Okay, so what did you do during the first round? It seems to me that trying to evenly wound heroes would be a good tactic, otherwise trying to hinder the completion of the second objective should be a goal, i.e. either "protecting" the innocent tokens with monsters or otherwise moving some monsters to the starting area. I guess that you would have to decide which one is the better tactic beforehand and try to execute that one and avoid being distracted by what the heroes do..

5. Piles only really make sense in buildings. Where did you spawn the avatar? Coupling him as fast as possible with at least one hell club member inside a district would have been my first priority.

But overall, it seems that you're right and this is one scenario that is comparatively easy for the heroes - which for some groups might make for some welcome change..

1 Wounded some heroes and tried to protect innocent tokens but they killed all my abominations in the first round and also the controller.

2 Yeah i played map B maybe Map A is more balanced?

5 I see.. i should have moved them inside, but nearly all the nests are on the road so you can't move all hellfire members inside. I've placed the avatar with an hellfire member but he got killed anyway as the last one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
franciscomirri wrote:
webs1 wrote:
franciscomirri wrote:
webs1 wrote:

Managed to kill 3 heroes

1 Wounded some heroes and tried to protect innocent tokens but they killed all my abominations in the first round and also the controller.

2 Yeah i played map B maybe Map A is more balanced?

5 I see.. i should have moved them inside, but nearly all the nests are on the road so you can't move all hellfire members inside. I've placed the avatar with an hellfire member but he got killed anyway as the last one.

Yeah, I think Map B makes it a lot harder for the Sins player by everything being so close to each other, thus allowing the FAITH heroes to get to the innocent tokens (and later the Hell Club members) pretty fast. And at the same time, you still have some long street stretches that let the heroes shoot monsters without having to fear repercussions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.