Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack and forming deck for adventures questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Hi i am new player I have just bought game while it is still available.

I will have several more questions in future when i start playing.

1. lets say I have three enemies in my zone. I decide to attack and i roll my attack dices and dices for enemies. Do i have to declare which of three enemies I am attacking or I can throw dice first and decide when i see dice results?

2. i am using ranged attack to attack face down enemy in shadows. First i attack and the i can turn enemy face up? What if there is bat and you Know i cannot wound it while not engeged?
When are all occasions when i am turning up enemies in shadows?

3, forming of deck for further adventure. This section i dont understand at all. Can you please give me few examples what to do?
Several questions are initally in my mind: if i have items deck do i use same, or replenish it? If i drew few items and didnt want them what to do with discard pile? When in next adventures i have several nemesis enemys which one of them attacks?

I am most worried about third question, this seems most complex and rulebook isnt covering this (or i cannot understand it.

Many thx in advance and sorry if some of questions were responded in earlier posts modest

I know i can always count on your help on this forums

Br
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I know:

1) You declare your target(s) first, then you roll your dice.

2) Yes. The damage is "lost", and so is your action, except for the fact that you now know there are bats in the shadows.

3) Each new scenario, everything is replenished and totally random, except for specific instructions on the scenario boards. If a nemesis is coming in your next scenario, it's usually as a simple monster that will go into the monster deck.

In the rulebook, it is explained under the "campaign pool" section of the "learn to play" rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
1. lets say I have three enemies in my zone. I decide to attack and i roll my attack dices and dices for enemies. Do i have to declare which of three enemies I am attacking or I can throw dice first and decide when i see dice results?

Nick is correct. Target first. Some actions can target more than one foe, of the multiple foes targeted, you can decide where to spend dice results after rolling.

Simicic wrote:
2. i am using ranged attack to attack face down enemy in shadows. First i attack and the i can turn enemy face up? What if there is bat and you Know i cannot wound it while not engeged?

Nick is correct, the damage is lost.

Simicic wrote:

When you target one with ranged, when you engage one, when they are activated during the enemy phase. Take a look at the 'Shadow Zone' section on page 15 of the reference guide.

Simicic wrote:
3, forming of deck for further adventure. This section i dont understand at all. Can you please give me few examples what to do? Several questions are initally in my mind: if i have items deck do i use same, or replenish it?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Campaign system. Your characters gave a total 'carry capacity' that dictates how many items they can hold during an adventure. This starts at '1' but you can choose to increase it after the first mission. You can also choose to upgrade an action card from basic to advanced. You get 2 decisions per adventure, so you can increase 2 gear, or upgrade 2 actions, or one of each.

The deck of 12 item cards is randomly picked each mission, unless the scenario specifically says otherwise. The characters will keep any gear they find from adventure to advengture as long as they don't exceed their current 'carry capacity'.

Simicic wrote:
If i drew few items and didnt want them what to do with discard pile?

The are returned to the pool of cards and are part of the randomly selected items for the next campaign.

Simicic wrote:
When in next adventures i have several nemesis enemys which one of them attacks?

I assume you're talking about the fact that Odious Grump is added to the Campaign Pool after adventure 1. For adventure 2, Unkel is in the nemesis lair and Odious Grump is just in the normal enemy deck. If you roll a nemesis die while Unkel is in the lair AND Odious Grump is face-up in your location then BOTH nemesis effects will trigger. (Page 11)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love how bad guys come back for revenge in the next scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Guys. many thx for quick and precise responses.
In case some other rules will be unclear in future (I didnt play yet, still learning the rules) I will feel free to ask again in future modest

BR,
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier García Maroto
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Simicic wrote:
3, forming of deck for further adventure. This section i dont understand at all. Can you please give me few examples what to do? Several questions are initally in my mind: if i have items deck do i use same, or replenish it?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Campaign system. Your characters gave a total 'carry capacity' that dictates how many items they can hold during an adventure. This starts at '1' but you can choose to increase it after the first mission. You can also choose to upgrade an action card from basic to advanced. You get 2 decisions per adventure, so you can increase 2 gear, or upgrade 2 actions, or one of each.

I think that you can't choose the same option twice. If you advance one action, you must to choose increase carrying capacity o get a gear, but you can't advance another action in the same settlement phase.

I check it with the "unnofficial FAQ" hosted here in BGG and it says the same:

When in the settlement stage, can a hero do 2 of the same thing (visit the trainer twice or advance 2 action cards)?
No - you must do two different things

Scherzo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Sherzo thx i have also seen this in FAQ
Can you help regarding crossbow? So it helps to boost other heros attack and not attack of hero wearing crossbow?
And traps - can i use trap to hurt enemies that engaged other hero or it has to be hero having trap?

Thx,
Mladen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier García Maroto
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Sherzo thx i have also seen this in FAQ
Can you help regarding crossbow? So it helps to boost other heros attack and not attack of hero wearing crossbow?
And traps - can i use trap to hurt enemies that engaged other hero or it has to be hero having trap?

Thx,
Mladen

The way I play crossbow, following literally the text on the card, I play it like if you are helping other heros with supporting fire, but not for fighting the enemies engaged with you. In the text (in my edition) reads "other hero", so I think it is for supporting the combat roll of other heros, not including yourself.

For the trap, the text in my edition reads "a hero", so I understand that it refers to all the heros, including yourself.

It's the way I play those cards, but it's not an official answer, so maybe I'm wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Thx for quick reply, i will also play like this.
This trap is what concerns me most, since i am not sure is it ok to use trap if another hero is attacked and not one having a trap , but it seems we can play like this zombie......wording isnt precise, hero can be any hero just like you said...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm, though: if you kill a Nemesis (after the first campaign game, anyway), they are OUT of the campaign pool, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Simicic wrote:

When you target one with ranged, when you engage one, when they are activated during the enemy phase. Take a look at the 'Shadow Zone' section on page 15 of the reference guide.

Small correction: you turn a facedown enemy faceup when you assign damage to it.

Imagine you made a ranged attack with two or more targets, choosing a facedown enemy in the shadows as one of the targets. After rolling, you then chose to assign all the damage to the other target(s). You would NOT turn the facedown enemy faceup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Just to confirm, though: if you kill a Nemesis (after the first campaign game, anyway), they are OUT of the campaign pool, right?

Correct. If a nemesis was in the campaign pool, and you defeat it, it is taken out of the campaign pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier García Maroto
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nefrubyr wrote:
snoozefest wrote:

Correct. If a nemesis was in the campaign pool, and you defeat it, it is taken out of the campaign pool.

Hi, my gaming group and I have a little discussion about this some days ago. Where do you read this rule in the rulebook? I can't find it. Or it's from a FAQ? To get something official to show them about this rule.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.