piotr s
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Blue, yellow, red, and brown action spaces are special. Blue stands for overseas trading, yellow for emigration, red for hunting, raiding, and pillaging. Brown is the color of occupation cards."

did special sale is overseas trading action space?

above citation suggest that answer is yes.

section name where blue goods is described is named "Knarr Action Spaces"
and divided to two part "Overseas Trading" and "Special sale"

that suggest that answer is no.

there is at least two occupation that allow use overseas trading, one of them have picture of first two overseas trading action spaces 149A and other 36A use name overseas trading.

that suggest that answer is yes.

my second question is: can i go use space from board that allow upgrade one good two times to upgrade good once?

all examples from rules suggest that this not allowed, but same symbol on occupation card is described in appendix as upgrade one good up to 2 times.

card 147A "If you have a knarr, you can take actions requiring a longship (raiding, pillaging, plundering, or a far exploration) even if you do not have a longship. (Even with this occupation, you still cannot place any ore on your knarrs.)"

what this card do for plundering? can i do plundering if i have:
1 knarr and 1 longship? i think yes
2 knarr and no longship? i don't know
exacly one knarr and no longship? i think no but description from appendix suggest that answer is yes.

i have some complain about card iconography, i describe them to help players avoid mistakes i suggest to put it in faq or errata.

carts like 160A "In the Feast phase (phase 9) of each round, if you do not place any mead on the “Banquet Table” track, you receive 1 silver (which you can use for the feast right away). " i think card should contain information about this possibility.

card 12A used a longship effect: get one weapon, you can't use this weapon during this action(this not write in appendix 100% clear but i believe this is true), i suggest to precise description in apeindex and add information to card that you get weapon after finish action.

card 64A When you play this card, you can immediately (and only once via this card) pay 2 silver to exchange 1 whaling boat for 1 longship. You lose the ore on the whaling boat, if any. (This is not considered a “Ship Building” action.)

-this card is caled "Ship Builder". i think that if you want select name for card that give you ship but it is not building ship then "Ship Builder" it probably not best choice.

-i think that general rule is if you use wood to obtain ship then it is called ship building, i think this sentence should be added to the rules.
and i find it only in description of one of the other occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will attempt an answer:

1)Why does this matter? Can you cite an example? I have a feeling you're trying to define something you don't need to.

2)I play yes you can. You can 'waste' the second upgrade for a good by turning a green to a blue leaving it nowhere to uograde to.

3)I would say yes, yes, and no. 147A lets you substitute knarr for longship. I would say it is 1 for 1. So plundering would require 2 boats, either knarrs, longships, or one of each.

4)you are welcome to complain about the cards. I don't know what good it will do you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piotr s
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) i play 3 games and in all of it there is at least one occupation card that refer to overseas trading (like 36A or 37A) ,in first game don't remember what overseas trading is and i find in the rules chapter overseas traiding and use it only on 2 first action spaces in second game my friend got one and ask my what is overseas trading is, in my third game someone got one and use it on all traiding action(all spots that allow change color of goods) until i spot that he make illegal moves.
If i find different rule in rulebook then i will allow use this occupations on all 3 blue spaces.

4) i make this section to: other players can avoid mistakes, and to maybe someone fix this cards in next edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
piotrsmu wrote:
1) i play 3 games and in all of it there is at least one occupation card that refer to overseas trading (like 36A or 37A) ,in first game don't remember what overseas trading is and i find in the rules chapter overseas traiding and use it only on 2 first action spaces in second game my friend got one and ask my what is overseas trading is, in my third game someone got one and use it on all traiding action(all spots that allow change color of goods) until i spot that he make illegal moves.
If i find different rule in rulebook then i will allow use this occupations on all 3 blue spaces.

4) i make this section to: other players can avoid mistakes, and to maybe someone fix this cards in next edition.

I would rule "Overseas Trading" as only the 2 green-to-blue spaces.

Page 6 of rules states, "Overseas trading plays a special role in all of this. It allows you to turn any number of different green goods (representing craft
products) into blue luxury goods in a single action."

Page 16 divides blue spaces into "Overseas Trading" and "Special Sale", and says there are only two "Overseas Trading" spaces.

SUMMARY: Blue may stand for "Overseas Trading, but it ALSO stands for "Special Sale" using a knarr. If a card refers to "Overseas Trading", it only refers to 2 action spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.