Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Власть рождает паразитов!
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
Started with this great game yesterday.
First try against Arkayne was an easy-going rescue of 4 hostages and killing the bad guy. I was disappointed - too easy... But decided to give it a second try...
I spent all day today trying to repeat my first success ;-) Great! Finally saved 4 again and the bad guy gave up.

I definitely like this game. It tells the story and is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember having a similar experience. I easily won my first game and was worried that the game was too easy. I then got creamed a few times in a row and realized I was being foolish.

But you're right, this is a great little solo game. If you haven't checked them out yet, I highly recommend the extra Abductor Packs. Each one changes the game up in interesting ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won my first game, not easily though, but then I looked over the instructions again...asked some questions...realized I had been playing a few key rules wrong. No wonder I won right away. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you sure killing the bad guy is a win? Did it not go to the 2nd in Command?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

cruisechum wrote:
Are you sure killing the bad guy is a win? Did it not go to the 2nd in Command?

Pierre,

Yes, you're correct that the 2nd In Command takes over if the Abductor is killed (assuming at least one Hostage is still in the Hostage Pool), and also that it's NOT a win if only this condition is met.
For it to be a win, ALL three of these conditions must be met:

- No hostages remaining in the Hostage Pool
- At least half of the hostages saved*
- The Abductor has been captured/eliminated

(Reference: Rulebook, page 13)

The OP wrote that he satisfied the last two conditions, but didn't mention whether or not he satisfied the first condition. I'm sure he simply neglected to mention the first condition, is all.

Note
* Keep in mind that this includes any hostages added after the game begins, such as with the "I've Taken More Hostages" Terror Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for being not informative enough.

Yes, I freed 4 hostages, 3 were killed and Abductor was eliminated.

Finally, I would say, in my first game (but only there) dice loved me :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Congratulations! I was just wary about a first game win, as it's an easy rule to overlook or mistake when learning the game.

I guess a few of us in this thread belong to the, despite the odds, won our first negotiation club but got beaten up by terrorist after terrorist after that. Myself included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
teacherboy wrote:
If you haven't checked them out yet, I highly recommend the extra Abductor Packs. Each one changes the game up in interesting ways.

I've got right away everything I was able to find ;-)

Very happy to have it. Just the right game for short sessions during the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Смерть буржуям!
mbmbmbmbmb
cruisechum wrote:
I guess a few of us in this thread belong to the, despite the odds, won our first negotiation club but got beaten up by terrorist after terrorist after that. Myself included.

Haha, very good description!
I hope that the last game I won (after 7 lost), was because of my strategic approach ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.