Hide
6 Posts

Resident Evil Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Ammo Cards and weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Smith
msg tools
When playing a weapon and the ammo, say i'm playing a basic pistol and also have 4 10 ammo cards, can i load that pistol with 40 ammo to make the damage become 20?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
No you can't. You can use each weapon only once except when stated otherwise.

Some action cards or character abilities for example allow you to use certain weapons more than once as long you have the required amount of ammunition in multiples thereof.

Also, some weapons state that they deal X damage, where X equals X ammunition. So in those cases you can spend as much ammo as you like.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Smith
msg tools
So, i can't use more than 20 ammo in the pistol, meaning the pistol can only do 10 damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cody234 wrote:
So, i can't use more than 20 ammo in the pistol, meaning the pistol can only do 10 damage?

Correct. The starter Handgun requires 20 Ammo to deal 10 Damage.

Each weapon along with their dedicated Ammo (unless otherwise specified) can only be used once per turn/per explore.

So if you have 2 handgun cards and 40 Ammo in your hand, you can chose to equip both handguns by paying the required 40 Ammo to explore the mansion and deal a maximum of 20 damage to the revealed Infected enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other posters are correct. Each weapon can only be used (fired) once per turn unless otherwise noted, even if you perform additional separate explores in the same turn. (Aside from when you're using the explores to lump infected together, but it is still only used in that one joint explore)

It seems odd in respect to how, at least for me, the video game is played. As opposed to carefully conserving ammo in the video game, in the deck building game I feel like you load up all of your weapons and then "empty the clip" no matter what is behind the door. Then you don't bother reloading until you're ready to open a door again.

I realize it's just a function of how a lot of deck building games work with their purchasing cards, but I always find it funny when I fire off a rocket launcher, chuck a grenade, and empty a machine gun to find a chicken rounding the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some instances where you can sorta do what you're wanting. Gatling Gun from Premier is X Ammo Req and X Dmg, meaning more ammo you pump into it, more damage it bags. Russian Assault Rifle (and Spec Ops Rifle) from Alliance are also X Ammo = X Dmg (with ammo caps). Ibex Standard from Mercenaries can be "overcharged", needing 10 ammo for 10 dmg, but you can then pay +20 ammo for another 10 dmg.

Couple of characters (at least) can mess with extra ammo for more dmg. Premier Leon, levelled up, can use Handguns twice, needing double the ammo, but also packing double the damage. Alyssa Ashcroft (Promo) can also "overcharge" if using only one weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.