Popular Tags: [View All]
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hi,

So, I built a tower with the Juggler and revealed the first Ordeal card.
Then I place a Juggler on top of the tower.
Then I resolved the Ordeal, which destroyed the foundation, re-creating the tower.
Do I get to reveal another Ordeal card?

If so, would the same hold true if I used a Pyro to remove one of the Jugglers , again recreating the tower

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. At the point you add a fifth juggler, by the rules of the game you no longer have a tower - so removing the tile gives you a new tower.

I haven't had that exact scenario, but (in a similar vein) a good tactic seems to be to use the pyro to destroy a tile in the tower (down to 3 tiles) and then move another tile back on top (hence creating a 'new' tower).

Happy to someone to disagree but certainly makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:
I would say yes. At the point you add a fifth juggler, by the rules of the game you no longer have a tower - so removing the tile gives you a new tower.

I haven't had that exact scenario, but (in a similar vein) a good tactic seems to be to use the pyro to destroy a tile in the tower (down to 3 tiles) and then move another tile back on top (hence creating a 'new' tower).

Happy to someone to disagree but certainly makes sense to me.

I did something similar. I had a tower of chameleons, then played a seer and noticed I had two jugglers. I "broke" my tower by juggling one of the chameleons away, then played the second juggler to move it right back. I figured this earned me the benefit of another tower. Hope that was right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Robledo
msg tools
The rulebook says:

When you complete a tower (place the 4th tile)

It specifically says when you place the 4th tile, so in all the examples you gave, it sounds like the only valid move would be to destroy a tile and then re-place it on top thus recreating the tower

I dont know if jugglin in the 4th tile (on top, bottom or middle) counts as placing, and putting a 5th tile and then removing it to re-create the tower wouldnt count since it wasnt by placing the 4th tile

Altough maybe im just interpreting the rules too literally, but the wording does seem very specific

It would be nice to hear from shadi torbey himself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.