Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a game with so many cards bosses separate decks ect..you couldn't come up with an insert for this giant box lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you have it now. Us Texas people are not as lucky. Though I am curious to see what insert people will make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A functional insert is rare these days. I would love to have great inserts become standard, but they just aren't. Most inserts exist only to hold components in place during shipping. I only have a couple games where I have kept the original insert. Every other insert goes in the trash and replaced with plano, foamcore, baggies, broken token, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert isn't so bad, but the size of the box is. I hope this means more expansions soon..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newkillerstar27 wrote:
The insert isn't so bad, but the size of the box is. I hope this means more expansions soon..

Travis said they are looking to launch another Kickstarter for the next Aeon's End expansion in 2017 so hopefully we'll be filling up that soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
I'll take this over Ascension's inserts any freaking day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inserts are tough. Look at games like the new Harry Potter deckbuilder: far less content, same price, nice insert. We wanted more content for the game. We wanted something functional on the average rather than custom wherein as many people felt the opposite, wanting something simple as opposed to elaborate. More content is coming and that box will be full sooner than later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
With a game with so many cards bosses separate decks ect..you couldn't come up with an insert for this giant box lol

This is a pretty standard insert to be fair. Most games use something quite similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tucker
msg tools
Meh it's an insert. I really only take note of super good or super bad ones. Like the ones for millennium blades is notably useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of a 3rd party insert that would fit nicely in the box? ie. something from Broken Token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Broken token probably doesn't have anything made yet. Once I get the game, I will probably use deck boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanguy Serra
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I actually think insert is quite clever for a card game that will have multiple expansions (I hope) - the space nicely allows for sleeved cards and the dividers are quite thoughtful and keep things organized - the blackish spongy thingies keep everything nice and tight regardless of sleeves or number of expansions -

I kind of like the idea of more dollars spent on content and less on plastic inserts that will never satisfy everyone given sleeves/no sleeves expansion in same box/not in same box etc...

Tanguy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tanguyserra wrote:

I actually think insert is quite clever for a card game that will have multiple expansions (I hope) - the space nicely allows for sleeved cards and the dividers are quite thoughtful and keep things organized - the blackish spongy thingies keep everything nice and tight regardless of sleeves or number of expansions -

I kind of like the idea of more dollars spent on content and less on plastic inserts that will never satisfy everyone given sleeves/no sleeves expansion in same box/not in same box etc...

Tanguy

Speaking of more expansions, we've got quite a bit of new stuff in the works already. More news coming soon*

*Your definition of soon may differ from mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
horgboth
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, this is the best thread you could come up with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in another thread but it seems it'd be applicable here as well.

1. Remove everything from the box. Flip insert upside down, so instead of 2 storage spaces on the left and right, you have one going down the middle.
Place all cards in this middle space, they should fit perfectly, expansions included, maybe a sponge block or 2 if you want them to fit snug.

2. lift the left cardboard flap to reveal left storage space. Place all Mage playmats diagonally in the upper part. If you tilt them slightly they should fit. Place life counters in the lower part. Between them place a foam block VERTICALLY. This will keep the cardboard flap flat/level. Put left flap back 'down' so its even with the top of the insert/cards.

3. lift the right cardboard flap to reveal right storage space. Place all Nemesis playmats diagonally in the upper part. Tilt them as well. Place other tiles and whatever else at the bottom. Between them place a vertical foam block like you did in the left storage space. Put the right cardboard flap back down so its level with the top of the insert, top of cards, other flap.

4. place rulebook and starting play sheet on top (this is why we needed to place those vertical foam blocks, to keep the surface flat).

done.

If you haven't punched the tiles then you could place the tilesheet before placing the rulebook(s) to provide a more firm horizontal surface. Expansion boxes fit (flat) and all cards from both expansions fit in this set up as well (via center storage space/lane).

Its essentially the same idea as the FFG card game inserts but with a less sturdy cardboard. Its usually oversized/unnecessary for FFG core card game sets but here it works.

The problem wasn't so much with the insert as it was with the actual packing. Definitely seemed rushed and impractical. Having all cards in one compartment and foam blocks in the other defeats the purpose of having foam blocks in the first place. And then of course there's the loose play mats that could have been shrinkwrapped...

cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Normiyagi wrote:

The problem wasn't so much with the insert as it was with the actual packing. Definitely seemed rushed and impractical. Having all cards in one compartment and foam blocks in the other defeats the purpose of having foam blocks in the first place. And then of course there's the loose play mats that could have been shrinkwrapped...

Agreed. I've had my player/nameless boards under a pile of books hoping to get them flat again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Keaney
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
Normiyagi wrote:

Agreed. I've had my player/nameless boards under a pile of books hoping to get them flat again.

Did yours look like this? http://imgur.com/a/LFHAG
30 pounds on them so well see what they look like when I get home. I'll sleeve them too, hopefully it'll be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azurith wrote:
stoneleaf wrote:
Normiyagi wrote:

30 pounds on them so well see what they look like when I get home. I'll sleeve them too, hopefully it'll be fine.

Ouch. I'd say thats damaged enough for replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, those top cards got trashed. They really do need replacing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Azurith wrote:

That's what my player boards looked like. Looks like in yours it was the cards that took the hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Keaney
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested both stacks, sadly the bends match up on every card. they very much want to stay in their bent shape ):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are not bent but a lot of chips missing from the black print boarders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is an awesome game, but I'm going to have to carefully consider any more purchases.

I wouldn't mind at all if we had PnP copies so we could replace our stuff as it wears out (Patrick Leder of Vast fame, and Small Box Games both do this), but we don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Keaney
United States
Bridgeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
This is an awesome game, but I'm going to have to carefully consider any more purchases.

I wouldn't mind at all if we had PnP copies so we could replace our stuff as it wears out (Patrick Leder of Vast fame, and Small Box Games both do this), but we don't.

Honestly I would always just sleeve a deck-builder like this. Cards get worn quick with that much handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azurith wrote:
stoneleaf wrote:

Honestly I would always just sleeve a deck-builder like this. Cards get worn quick with that much handling.

Although presumably this has a lot less shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.