$30.00
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after placing and paying for my order and shipping i got an email asking for a substantial amount more for shipping.


"You Kingdom Death order #(xxxxx) contains items shipping from outside your region. Because of this, you will need to pay an additional amount of 85.
Please add shipping funds here: "

needless to say I've requested a refund. hopefully the expansions i was trying to get become addons at the half off price during the kickstarter.

and yes I'm sure their was some fine print somewhere that i should have saw about additional costs for ordering outside my region but i didn't see it. what i did see was a message saying all items had to ship from the same warehouse, which they did.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
madaxer wrote:
after placing and paying for my order and shipping i got an email asking for a substantial amount more for shipping.


"You Kingdom Death order #(xxxxx) contains items shipping from outside your region. Because of this, you will need to pay an additional amount of 85.
Please add shipping funds here: "

needless to say I've requested a refund. hopefully the expansions i was trying to get become addons at the half off price during the kickstarter.

and yes I'm sure their was some fine print somewhere that i should have saw about additional costs for ordering outside my region but i didn't see it. what i did see was a message saying all items had to ship from the same warehouse, which they did.


Yeah, it does have a warning but it isn't obvious from what I remember. I'm curious what you ordered and from what region (I assume going to US from your location icon) to get up to $85. I had previously ordered the Manhunter from Australia to US and the additional shipping was only $15.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
To be fair, it was in big red letters on the shop page. Still, it always sucks if you didn't notice it and are counting on the items. I do think all old expansions will be available as add-ons during the campaign though.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
Kwakkie wrote:
To be fair, it was in big red letters on the shop page. Still, it always sucks if you didn't notice it and are counting on the items. I do think all old expansions will be available as add-ons during the campaign though.


yes you're right, in my defense it was 2am when u placed the order yuk

also i might have stopped reading after it said for eu and Canadian
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
That is too bad If you don´t mind please update how fast you get the full refund and/or if there are any fees involved.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Aasvik
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
You're not the only one. I didn't notice either. The additional shipping fee would've more than doubled the cost of the expansion. Perhaps a bit unorthodox to claim the additional shipping cost after the order is placed and paid.

I hope that cancelling the order won't be a problem.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
Yeah. I almost made that mistake the first time. But it's clearly labeled on all the pages and you have to select the shipping source. I honestly think it would be good to rename this thread to something that doesn't sound so much like you'll get fleeced buying from the store.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
I really think you are casting a negative light on their shop when you're the one that made a mistake. There's literally a drop down menu on each item to select your delivering warehouse... I know I have made mistakes on the Webstore (most recently ordered 2 limited edition models) which were fairly quickly rectified by Dark Mediator. Although it did kind of suck (for me), it was not their fault I didn't follow instructions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Buckley
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
I am in the same boat myself. Granted, I knew the shipping cost could rise for ordering from outside my region.

My problem was that I wanted the Manhunter, which is only available out of Australia. I wasn't expecting to be hit up for an additional $88 though...

Praying the shipping cost will be reduced or that a cancellation wont drag out. I took the risk, and so far it isn't paying off. Hopefully a resolution will be reached rather quickly. Will let you all know when/what happens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
Raxximus wrote:
I really think you are casting a negative light on their shop


I'm sorry but to be honest, it is and it should cast a negative on the site.

Raxximus wrote:
you're the one that made a mistake.


Correct I made a mistake, however the blame can certainly be shared.

Raxximus wrote:
There's literally a drop down menu on each item to select your delivering warehouse...


Yep and it was already defaulted to Australia since the others were sold out. So naturally that's the drop down I chose.

Raxximus wrote:
it was not their fault I didn't follow instructions.


Actually I did follow the instructions, I set my other two items to ship from Australia as well so that everything came from the same location.

Fact is there's alternatives could have taken place to avoid this. I'd encourage the site admins to consider them.

1. The fine print isn't able to be seen unless I scroll down. On the item page, I can however add to cart and go to cart without even seeing it. If I know what I want going in and it's a limited time based sale why putz around reading the description of the product.


2. Once your on the "shopping cart" page there is no more fine print about additional shipping costs.

For reference, here's the fine print on the checkout page

"International Customers PLEASE NOTE!
USPS only offers tracking for Priority Mail International shipments. Any other shipping type (First Class, Parcel Select) does not include tracking for your order.
Unless you select Priority International Mail you will receive a Customs number instead of a tracking number.
In addition, First Class International and Parcel Select services can take 4-6 weeks to arrive depending on your location. Please kindly wait until this time has passed before contacting us about your shipment. Thanks!"


3. I was charged $15 shipping, how was I to know that wasn't already the additional shipping? I've had items ship from China for a penny through Amazon.

4. They could easily not take a payment for items outside your region and instead send an invoice for the total cost. *THIS* should at bare minimum be the default for all orders shipping outside of their respective regions if they can't calculate the additional costs.

5. A pop up on the final check out could warn you that additional costs are coming your way.

6. The simplest solution, the additional cost could have been calculated in during the checkout stage. The fact that I got an email asking for more money within minutes of checking out tells me that it is automated anyhow, so why not work that automation in to the checkout.





2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
When I read things like this I'm always wondering if this is allowed. In my country every shop has to list the final cost including shipping cost before the payment is processed. Charging additional costs afterwards would be against the law.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
madaxer wrote:
Raxximus wrote:
I really think you are casting a negative light on their shop


I'm sorry but to be honest, it is and it should cast a negative on the site.

Raxximus wrote:
you're the one that made a mistake.


Correct I made a mistake, however the blame can certainly be shared.

Raxximus wrote:
There's literally a drop down menu on each item to select your delivering warehouse...


Yep and it was already defaulted to Australia since the others were sold out. So naturally that's the drop down I chose.

Raxximus wrote:
it was not their fault I didn't follow instructions.


Actually I did follow the instructions, I set my other two items to ship from Australia as well so that everything came from the same location.

Fact is there's alternatives could have taken place to avoid this. I'd encourage the site admins to consider them.

1. The fine print isn't able to be seen unless I scroll down. On the item page, I can however add to cart and go to cart without even seeing it. If I know what I want going in and it's a limited time based sale why putz around reading the description of the product.


2. Once your on the "shopping cart" page there is no more fine print about additional shipping costs.

For reference, here's the fine print on the checkout page

"International Customers PLEASE NOTE!
USPS only offers tracking for Priority Mail International shipments. Any other shipping type (First Class, Parcel Select) does not include tracking for your order.
Unless you select Priority International Mail you will receive a Customs number instead of a tracking number.
In addition, First Class International and Parcel Select services can take 4-6 weeks to arrive depending on your location. Please kindly wait until this time has passed before contacting us about your shipment. Thanks!"


3. I was charged $15 shipping, how was I to know that wasn't already the additional shipping? I've had items ship from China for a penny through Amazon.

4. They could easily not take a payment for items outside your region and instead send an invoice for the total cost. *THIS* should at bare minimum be the default for all orders shipping outside of their respective regions if they can't calculate the additional costs.

5. A pop up on the final check out could warn you that additional costs are coming your way.

6. The simplest solution, the additional cost could have been calculated in during the checkout stage. The fact that I got an email asking for more money within minutes of checking out tells me that it is automated anyhow, so why not work that automation in to the checkout.








This is at the top of every item page. I don't see why you think that, because you didn't see it someone else is to blame for your mistake that caused you an inconvience. Implementing your suggestions takes time and money in the form of developer hours. It's much more feasible to assume that your customers will maintain awareness of their purchases.

Expansions ordered from the EU and Canada CANNOT ship outside their respective regions. Your order will be refunded and cancelled.

Expansions cannot ship from multiple warehouses.
Orders containing expansions from multiple warehouses are subject to additional shipping fees and in some cases may be canceled.

Select the warehouse in your region.
For the rest of the world, please select the U.S warehouse.
Orders placed outside of this, will be canceled or subject to additional shipping fees.


I'm sorry, but this entitlement thing and bashing a business because they don't do things exactly the way you might want is really ruining the relationship between buyer and seller. People new to the game see your post and think there's something shady about the KD store, when it's actually just that it's easy to make a mistake. I have a hard time understanding your extreme frustration when you haven't even engaged their support to get your problem rectified. This is a problem that's come up over the past few years in the geek community and it really hurts small businesses like Kingdom Death
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
playswithfriends wrote:
When I read things like this I'm always wondering if this is allowed. In my country every shop has to list the final cost including shipping cost before the payment is processed. Charging additional costs afterwards would be against the law.


I don't see how this could be the case here since there isn't flat rate shipping available for everything. Different services shipping different weights and sizes cost different amounts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Ainsworth
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
jpancier wrote:
madaxer wrote:
Raxximus wrote:
I really think you are casting a negative light on their shop


I'm sorry but to be honest, it is and it should cast a negative on the site.

Raxximus wrote:
you're the one that made a mistake.


Correct I made a mistake, however the blame can certainly be shared.

Raxximus wrote:
There's literally a drop down menu on each item to select your delivering warehouse...


Yep and it was already defaulted to Australia since the others were sold out. So naturally that's the drop down I chose.

Raxximus wrote:
it was not their fault I didn't follow instructions.


Actually I did follow the instructions, I set my other two items to ship from Australia as well so that everything came from the same location.

Fact is there's alternatives could have taken place to avoid this. I'd encourage the site admins to consider them.

1. The fine print isn't able to be seen unless I scroll down. On the item page, I can however add to cart and go to cart without even seeing it. If I know what I want going in and it's a limited time based sale why putz around reading the description of the product.


2. Once your on the "shopping cart" page there is no more fine print about additional shipping costs.

For reference, here's the fine print on the checkout page

"International Customers PLEASE NOTE!
USPS only offers tracking for Priority Mail International shipments. Any other shipping type (First Class, Parcel Select) does not include tracking for your order.
Unless you select Priority International Mail you will receive a Customs number instead of a tracking number.
In addition, First Class International and Parcel Select services can take 4-6 weeks to arrive depending on your location. Please kindly wait until this time has passed before contacting us about your shipment. Thanks!"


3. I was charged $15 shipping, how was I to know that wasn't already the additional shipping? I've had items ship from China for a penny through Amazon.

4. They could easily not take a payment for items outside your region and instead send an invoice for the total cost. *THIS* should at bare minimum be the default for all orders shipping outside of their respective regions if they can't calculate the additional costs.

5. A pop up on the final check out could warn you that additional costs are coming your way.

6. The simplest solution, the additional cost could have been calculated in during the checkout stage. The fact that I got an email asking for more money within minutes of checking out tells me that it is automated anyhow, so why not work that automation in to the checkout.








This is at the top of every item page. I don't see why you think that, because you didn't see it someone else is to blame for your mistake that caused you an inconvience. Implementing your suggestions takes time and money in the form of developer hours. It's much more feasible to assume that your customers will maintain awareness of their purchases.

Expansions ordered from the EU and Canada CANNOT ship outside their respective regions. Your order will be refunded and cancelled.

Expansions cannot ship from multiple warehouses.
Orders containing expansions from multiple warehouses are subject to additional shipping fees and in some cases may be canceled.

Select the warehouse in your region.
For the rest of the world, please select the U.S warehouse.
Orders placed outside of this, will be canceled or subject to additional shipping fees.


I'm sorry, but this entitlement thing and bashing a business because they don't do things exactly the way you might want is really ruining the relationship between buyer and seller. People new to the game see your post and think there's something shady about the KD store, when it's actually just that it's easy to make a mistake. I have a hard time understanding your extreme frustration when you haven't even engaged their support to get your problem rectified. This is a problem that's come up over the past few years in the geek community and it really hurts small businesses like Kingdom Death


I don't believe that statement was originally on the pages when the sale went live. I'm pretty sure they added that not too long after to deal with that issue. However, it should have been listed on the shipping page that there should have been an additional shipping cost for the orders. It also should be assumed that there will be some sort of an additional shipping cost because anything outside your respective region always has a higher cost to ship associated with it. Regardless of it saying flat rate since that only ever applies to shipments withing your country usually. So blame can certainly be shared to all parties here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, buyer beware when ordering from their online shop
jpancier wrote:

This is at the top of every item page. I don't see why you think that, because you didn't see it someone else is to blame for your mistake that caused you an inconvience. Implementing your suggestions takes time and money in the form of developer hours. It's much more feasible to assume that your customers will maintain awareness of their purchases.


It's not at the top of the page as I already mentioned. It cannot even be seen until I scroll down the to the item description.

As mentioned I glanced at it and it sounded like it only referenced Canada and EU so I moved on. Clearly I'm not the only one that made or nearly made that mistake, you nearly did yourself according to a previous statement, that should be enough to warrant consideration of making a change to the current process.

Everything takes time and money, including responding to emails and canceling orders and most of all losing customers. And no I'm not threatening to cancel my pledge but I wasn't the first and won't be the last to get shocked with $100 in shipping for a $139 purchase.

Ultimately I believe that what I'm suggesting is fairly straight forward coding that will pay for itself.


jpancier wrote:

I'm sorry, but this entitlement


I understand your point is simply to attack me with an insult. That's fine whatever. I've got plenty of choice words I could share as well but I'll refrain.

jpancier wrote:

bashing a business


The fuck? are we reading the same thread. I'm super excited about this business, in fact I'm currently sitting at the $927 tier and contemplating jumping to the top if/when my money is returned. I know it's hard but just because you like something doesn't mean it's perfect and it's a sin to speak out when you see an issue or room for improvement.

jpancier wrote:

really ruining the relationship between buyer and seller. People new to the game see your post and think there's something shady about the KD store, when it's actually just that it's easy to make a mistake.


I don't see how I'm ruining a buyer seller relationship and I apologize to KDM if that's how it's perceived. I don't think there's anything in my original post that would imply that there's something shady going on with the KD store. In fact, I really wish somebody had already made a post like this so that it would have saved me some headache.


jpancier wrote:

I have a hard time understanding your extreme frustration when you haven't even engaged their support to get your problem rectified.


Where do you see "extreme frustration"? But yes I am quite annoyed having my money tied up in limbo at one of the worst times of the year.

jpancier wrote:

when you haven't even engaged their support to get your problem rectified.


Thank you for doing such a good job at proving my point at how easy it is to overlook and make a mistake.

"needless to say I've requested a refund. "

How is that not engaging their support to get my problem rectified? I mean it is right there at the top of this page and you missed it!




2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, Buryers pick your region when ordering through their online shop or add $$$ after purchase is made
jpancier wrote:
Yeah. I almost made that mistake the first time. But it's clearly labeled on all the pages and you have to select the shipping source. I honestly think it would be good to rename this thread to something that doesn't sound so much like you'll get fleeced buying from the store.


Title changed
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: well crap, Buryers pick your region when ordering through their online shop or add $$$ after purchase is made
jpancier wrote:
playswithfriends wrote:
When I read things like this I'm always wondering if this is allowed. In my country every shop has to list the final cost including shipping cost before the payment is processed. Charging additional costs afterwards would be against the law.


I don't see how this could be the case here since there isn't flat rate shipping available for everything. Different services shipping different weights and sizes cost different amounts.


Many, many websites are able to calculate exact shipping costs to anywhere in the world based on size and weight of items in your cart. I've never had a website contact me for extra shipping charges after the initial transaction.

I don't know what shipping service they use, but Australia Post has a calculator on their website, which leads me to believe they have an API availale to calculate shipping costs online, like UPS, USPS, FedEx, Purolator, Canada Post, etc...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: well crap, Buryers pick your region when ordering through their online shop or add $$$ after purchase is made
I wasn't talking about flatrate shipping or not. It's not even that difficult. It's just "if you have a webshop, you have to make sure, that a potential customer can see the final amount including shipping costs before he hits the buy button".

And as someone familiar to how online shops are working, I can say that
1. in most cases you have different products with different sizes, weights, etc.
2. in most cases you have to deal with different services.
3. there are solutions for all of this, even a lot of freeware.
4. you are able to calculate shipping costs based on total weight, size, whatever or a combination of them.

Besides the legal part, I would say that most customers would be really pi***d if you tell them to pay additional $85 for a $50 product, even if you stated in advance that there could be additional costs. Who would assume such an amount?

In fact, I'm extremely happy that I resisted to buy some Pinups just for painting reasons on Black Friday because the listed $30 shipping costs appeared to be too high for what I wanted (wasn't able to add expansions due to the different warehouse thing). If I would have decided to buy and were asked to pay additional $85 I would have asked them about a refund and even if they do it, there would be some loss for me due to currency exchanges. Let it be only a few bucks but it would give me a really bad feeling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordering outside my region added an extra $85 bill after placing my order (update: order canceled and refunded)
eatem wrote:
That is too bad If you don´t mind please update how fast you get the full refund and/or if there are any fees involved.


Fully refunded as of about an hour ago, no hassle and no fees.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Aasvik
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
madaxer wrote:
eatem wrote:
That is too bad If you don´t mind please update how fast you get the full refund and/or if there are any fees involved.


Fully refunded as of about an hour ago, no hassle and no fees.


Same here!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.