Subject: Crowbars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are crowbars discarded if used to open locked doors?

Edit: & someone's just read the rules lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can also use a crowbar to force a closed door open, which is important if you don't have suppressed weapons and would raise the alarm by shooting at the door.
I understand it the way that you only discard the crowbar when you use it to block a reinforcement entrance, but not, when you use it to open a closed door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Well, you can also use a crowbar to force a closed door open, which is important if you don't have suppressed weapons and would raise the alarm by shooting at the door.
I understand it the way that you only discard the crowbar when you use it to block a reinforcement entrance, but not, when you use it to open a closed door.

I agree, the rules don't say but it makes thematic sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Deelmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are blue and green equipment tokens and only the green tokens will be discarded after use.
The blue tokens are for unlimited use.
Crowbars have a blue background and so they are for unlimited use to open locked doors. When used to block enemy entrance points the token (red side) will be discarded after the enemies broke through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SonofRuss wrote:
There are blue and green equipment tokens and only the green tokens will be discarded after use.
The blue tokens are for unlimited use.
Crowbars have a blue background and so they are for unlimited use to open locked doors. When used to block enemy entrance points the token (red side) will be discarded after the enemies broke through.

Right, thanks Lars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:

So opening a blocked door with a crowbar doesn't raise the alarm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Cornicer wrote:

It's a rubber crowbar

But seriously, there's no alarm symbol on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
Cornicer wrote:

It's a rubber crowbar

Well. Okaaay.

A suppressed crowbar it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
philmcd wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
Cornicer wrote:

It's a rubber crowbar

Well. Okaaay.

A suppressed crowbar it is.

You carefully prise the door open, otherwise you might just as well shoot the door open after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Herreros
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of additional doubts about crowbars.

1- it says you need 4 soldiers behind to break the barricade but doesn't say anything about soldiers in front. It would make sense a single soldier passing by hears the noise and clears the barricade. At least it should help make the count of 4.

2- Can you barricade open terrain? for instance in the third training mission the reinforcements on the right. I guess that's legal and means you use the crowbar to block somekind of gate or fence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gherreros wrote:
1- it says you need 4 soldiers behind to break the barricade but doesn't say anything about soldiers in front. It would make sense a single soldier passing by hears the noise and clears the barricade. At least it should help make the count of 4.
Only the guys outside count. The guys inside are too busy yelling at the guys outside to be quiet so they can listen for intruders..

gherreros wrote:
2- Can you barricade open terrain? for instance in the third training mission the reinforcements on the right. I guess that's legal and means you use the crowbar to block somekind of gate or fence.
No. not a lot of doors in the great outdoors so there are no crowbars designed for them.

Please remember that this is a detailed simulation and that roughly 3.2 million hours of computer time were spent making sure that all the simulation elements were well tested. No detail was too small.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.