Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Group had our first attempt at Asylum. Awesome so far... failed the run so we have to attempt It again.

1. Tests. I know they reset if you leave the location. Do they reset if you leave the space?

Example 1: Adam/Roger goes to card G. attempt a test and clear some shields but more shields remain. Roger leaves card G and Alice joins Adam to help with the test, does the test reset?

Example 2: Adam/Roger both leave the test and go to card H. (Leaving no agents on the card) Does the test reset?

2. Item info. For the items and clues the agents gather, can the be shown to the group? Or do they have to be described like the location cards do? If I get a cryptic image a newspaper clipping, can everyone see it and read it?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T.I.M.E. Stories Rules p. 11 combined with FAQ wrote:
Note:
If you quit a test and change location or space, that test is automatically reset.

So for both examples: No, the test is not reset.

2. We play it that we show most items (except the owning player thinks it is more fun describing it). We just imagine that we can share the items via some sort of T.I.M.E. capsule functionality and have the most fun by doing so. You might share items when sharing the same space or changing the location anyway because you are allowed to exchange them.

Edit: fixed answer 1 corresponding to FAQ after hint from Roger (see below)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
T.I.M.E. Stories Rules p. 11 wrote:
Note:
If you quit a test and change location or space, that test is automatically reset.

So I'd say for
Example 1: No, the test is not reset.
Example 2: Yes, the test is reset, since both agents leave the location.

2. We play it that we show most items (except the owning player thinks it is more fun describing it). We just imagine that we can share the items via some sort of T.I.M.E. capsule functionality and have the most fun by doing so. You might share items when sharing the same space or changing the location anyway because you are allowed to exchange them.

Your quote is wrong because it is a failure in the english rulebook.
The german rulebook is correct and as also written here (point 18):
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1483580/official-faq

The test resets if you change the location, not a space.

EDIT: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I just googled the English rulebook for the quote. Did not think the German one would be more accurate cause usually it's the other way around.

I adjusted my previous post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seqcon wrote:
Thanks! I just googled the English rulebook for the quote. Did not think the German one would be more accurate cause usually it's the other way around.

I adjusted my previous post.

Yeah, this game was my first german game.
I usually buy the english versions because they are often the original ones.
The original version is french and asmodee germany did a good job translating it as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
seqcon wrote:
Note:

So I'd say for

Hmm. Interesting. So if there is only one agent on a card with a test and he/she decides to leave the card space (after resolving half the test) to go to another, the tests stays as is? if another agent goes to that card space and flips the card, the test remains as partially completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Digmecolder wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:
seqcon wrote:
Note:

So I'd say for

Hmm. Interesting. So if there is only one agent on a card with a test and he/she decides to leave the card space (after resolving half the test) to go to another, the tests stays as is? if another agent goes to that card space and flips the card, the test remains as partially completed?

Yes, it's only resetted after leaving the whole location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.