Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG 574 - Colonial Defense Network
6-Player Exodus + Daybreak Game to Earth
Includes a Cylon Leader and the Cylon Fleet Board

Welcome to BSG 574: Colonial Defense Network!

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of the base game and Exodus and Daybreak expansions,

per FFG request. If you need card text at some point, just GeekMail me.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least once every 24 hours, preferably more.

Discussion between players is highly encouraged. However, if there's no active discussion, I'll bump the thread at 24 hours, and make your move for you at 36. I will also send you a reminder by GM before this happens. If this happens too much, I'll replace you. If you warn me or the thread about slow play, we'll be patient. =)

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY. Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Courtesy of Mike Bonn marlus, here's an amazing script that makes it super-easy to add those banners to your posts:
Mike_Bonn wrote:

1) Click on "Edit" on the top right of your screen to Edit your quick bar.

2) Chose an empty spot and fill label with "My Banner" and add the following text to the URL :

Quote:
javascript: (function() {var b = '[ImageID=xxxxxx medium]'; var t = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea')[0]; t.value = b+'\r\n'+t.value;})();

3) Replace "xxxxxx" with the ImageId you want to use as your banner. I used 565008 to generate the one in this post.

4) When you post, click on Reply/Quick Reply and then click on your Quick Bar Link. Presto!

It even works on mobiles, so no excuses not to use a banner!

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded. If you're on mobile, saying "bold" (or close equivalents) before an action is sufficient.

d10-4 When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line.

Example: "BSG 564 (Starbuck): Admiral's Quarters Skill Check"

I am moderating several games; this will help me make fewer mistakes!

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players). Similarly, do not delete posts.

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

Just because you can go back and look doesn't mean it's cool to do so. In real life, you probably aren't keeping track *that* closely.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ.
In particular, please make sure you don't:
* Say "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talk about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identify what cards (or what colors, or the exact strength) you played into a skill check, even implicitly.
* Volunteer what cards are in your hand (or ask about cards are in someone else's hand) unless it is relevant to the situation.
* Reveal exactly which Quorum or Mutiny cards you have.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 Put in COs for pretty much anything. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. A full list of these circumstances will be provided in the next post after character selection is over.

4 TANKING: I will allow the use of "Tank" during the interrupt phase. This means "Pass on interrupts AND the check if everyone else passes." As soon as someone plays cards into the check, "Tank" is nullified; if a revealed Cylon play wouldn't change your plans, for example, you may want to also CO me an intention to pass on the check, as well. You may also declare "Tank" in public but CO cards to play in private. Those playing after you are free to assume you have passed, however; this is rarely an issue in practice.

Have fun out there!

Special Thanks

This is a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

This introductory text is copied mostly from ed_hennessy via zelarvi, who helped get me into moderating these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

House Rules

We will be using Pegasus-style Investigative Committees, the ones that don't reveal Destiny.

Since we aren't playing with Final Fives or Personal Goals, we will not use the extra Loyalty card from Exodus. Executions will still follow Exodus rules as usual.

Cally is not available for play; with none of the Airlock, Final Fives, or extra Exodus Loyalty card in play, I'd rather leave her home for this one.

Cylon Allegiance - A Justified Response: this Motive will be omitted from the deck (really doesn't play well with the CFB) and is replaced with Cylon Allegiance - Infiltrate the Colonials: reveal this Motive at the end of the game if you are infiltrating and not in the Brig.

Default COs

Gaeta's FTL Operator: I will pause for this on any failed FTL roll (COs encouraged); if you'd like to reroll passed FTL rolls, you'll need to put in a CO.

Apollo's Alert Viper Pilot: I will pause for this when appropriate.

Tory's Adaptable: I'll always pause for this. If you play a Quorum card with a space for interrupts (e.g. Inspirational Speech), a CO is encouraged.

Chief's Blind Devotion: I'll assume you will always pass on this unless you CO me otherwise.

Karl's No One Gets Left Behind: I'll assume you will always pass on this unless you CO me otherwise.

I will tend to pass you on any interrupts you don't have. However, I may at times not do so in order to preserve secrecy; generally, I will not skip entirely any interrupts phase.

Skill Check Interrupts: If someone plays an interrupt, I will assume everyone else will be passing on the same interrupt unless they have a lower-valued one or are in the Brig. Additionally:
* If someone plays a equal or lower-valued copy of an interrupt you have, I will automatically pass you, unless you are in the Brig or over your hand limit.
* Scientific Research will be passed automatically if Engineering is positive.
* A Second Chance will be passed automatically if the current player could not possibly benefit.
* Restore Order will be passed automatically until any player draws Treachery, any extra Treachery is added to Destiny, or any player receives a Mutiny card.
* Chief of Staff will be passed automatically unless you CO me otherwise.
* Political Prowess will be handled concurrently with the regular interrupts phase; if it is used all other interrupts will be returned to hand. If you personally use another interrupt on the skill check you may no longer use Political Prowess on that skill check, however.

Declare Emergency and Change of Plans: I will pass on these by default; you must put in a CO during the skill check to use these. For Change of Plans, this includes the case when someone uses Political Prowess to pass a skill check automatically; as this may happen without warning, I'd encourage you to put in a CO for this eventuality should you draw Change of Plans.

Strategic Planning: Unless you CO me otherwise, I will pass automatically on any:
* Launch Scout rolls as long as 2 or more Raptors are intact; in this case a public CO for whether you're checking Crisis or Destination is fine.
* attacks made by Vipers
* rolls that would help the Cylons.
* rolls that place ships on the Cylon Fleet Board.
* rolls where someone has already played a Strategic Planning.

Evasive Maneuvers: Will be passed automatically unless
* the viper is destroyed,
* the viper is manned,
* the viper is the last ship protecting a civilian, or
* there are 2 or fewer undamaged vipers left.
Pilots may want to leave me a more detailed CO for when they would and would not use their Evasives.

Best of the Best: play it directly if you want to use it on your own shot; to play it on other people's shots would require a CO.

If the order of raider activation cannot matter for the raider AI, I will activate the sectors in order, 1 through 6.

The CAG is highly encouraged to leave me a CO for civilian placement from the Pursuit Track, when applicable.

If you are piloting an Assault Raptor, I highly encourage you to leave a CO for whether you want to stay out in space on the next jump. Similarly (for anyone) for unmanned Assault Raptors if you expect a jump soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For those invited or on the waitlist, let me know by GM or in this thread by 1900 UTC on Tuesday, November 29 if you want to play!

Playing:
Vorpalgens
KradDrol
Khaaaaan
zelarvi
jeronimo7
raster51

Invited:
MorphCS

Waitlist A:
Mawkee
Mike_Bonn
Rdonoso

Waitlist B:
raster51 (1st priority)
explodinglikethesun
MaRDuC

Waitlist situation is a bit complicated due the fact that those on Waitlist A want to play in a game together.

If by 1900 on 11/29 we have 3 or fewer players, I'll take those from Waitlist A (if interested), followed by those from Waitlist B.

If by 1900 on 11/29 we have 4 or more players, I'll take those from Waitlist B only, followed by open invites from any other interested parties not listed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh, these waitlists are clearing fast... Sure, I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was on mobile this afternoon
And looks like my post didn't went through
Always in!

Thx for the invite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Martins
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Once upon a time, there was this guy named mawkee..
badge
Hey, what are you trying to do??!
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll wait for the next one then! Thank you for the alternate invite :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm in. Just need to finish reviewing the posting rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
Itajai
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, Zach.

Just want to give credit where credit is due... the script that Zach teaches on the opening post is not mine, is from a friend of mine:

Marlus Silva
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Here is the first time I told about the script:

Re: BSG 520: Resurrection Hub

Some other friends were talking about a lawsuit regarding copyright infringement...

Have a safe ride, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Pérez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyboy, greetings kingerc and thank you for your offer; you have a place filled in the Waitlist B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With 5/6 players set, I think we can get started with character selection:

Highest roll goes first:

Vorpalgens - 1d100 = (77) = 77
KradDrol - 1d100 = (23) = 23
Khaaaaan - 1d100 = (11) = 11
zelarvi - 1d100 = (53) = 53
jeronimo7 - 1d100 = (96) = 96
MorphCS / raster51 - 1d100 = (26) = 26

jeronimo7, you're up first! You can pick any character from the base game, Exodus, or Daybreak expansions (except Cally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 990041. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (26) =
  • Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:37 pm
  • [+]
  • 990042. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (96) =
  • [+]
  • 990043. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (53) =
  • [+]
  • 990044. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (11) =
  • Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 990045. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (23) =
  • [+]
  • 990046. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (77) =
Steve H
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
I will pick Felix Gaeta; if we are not using the expansion that includes him I will pick Saul Tigh instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Vorpalgens picks Lee "Apollo" Adama by CO.
zelarvi picks Tory Foster by CO.

We're going to have to pause here a bit for MorphCS to accept or decline the invitation. If you accept, you can go ahead and pick a character now! You can pick any character type.

raster51 may want to leave a CO for his character choice should MorphCS decline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad vorpalgens likes playing pilots... I was worried I'd have to be one!

Let's dust off this banner...

Madame President, I'm here to help. Let me reach out to the Quorum for you and see what they can do to keep their people stable through these troubled times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools

I think I am getting the hang of this...

Contact. Single Raider... same telltales. Seems to be flying in circles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

MorphCS has auto-declined, so raster51 is in!

By CO, raster51 picks Galen "Chief" Tyrol.

Next up is KradDrol; you may pick any character type.

Nobody has picked a Cylon Leader so far; if no one does, then we'll play with a Mutineer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

KradDrol picks Karl "Helo" Agathon (the Daybreak version).

Last up is Khaaaaan; he may pick any character type except a Pilot.

If he does not pick a Cylon Leader, we'll be using the Mutineer rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Woo! Cylon Leader!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ng
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Helo from the other side!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KradDrol wrote:

Helo from the other side!

I actually can't believe I haven't heard this one before...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Pérez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

In a parallel Universe, the number 555, I was Baltar and fighting side by side against the toasters; Chief was essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You by now should have received a Geekmail with your initial Loyalty/Motives, Skill Cards (if requested), and Quorum (if Tory).

For those who haven't already done so, let me know what skill cards you'd like to start the game with:

Initial Skill Card Draws wrote:

Initial Skill Card Draws

Gaeta (5) - 2 Tactics, 1 Engineering, 1 Leadership, 1 Politics
Apollo (3) - 2 Piloting, 1 Leadership
Tory (3) -
Chief (3) - 1 Leadership, 1 Politics, 1 Engineering
Karl (3) -
D'Anna (2) -

Apollo is starting in Sector 5; let me know whether you'd like to start in an Assault Raptor or a Mark II Viper, Apollo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Added some default COs for player abilities to the second post; if you'd like to change any of them up, let me know by GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Initial Skill Card Draws wrote:

Initial Skill Card Draws

Gaeta (5) - 2 Tactics, 1 Engineering, 1 Leadership, 1 Politics
Apollo (3) - 2 Piloting, 1 Leadership
Tory (3) -
Chief (3) - 1 Leadership, 1 Politics, 1 Engineering
Karl (3) - 2 Leadership, 1 Tactics
D'Anna (2) -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

One of each please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [44] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.