Popular Tags: [View All]
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
a) can u build a ziggurat on a tile with >5 cubes?
b) you can carry out multiple attacks with one war action. am I right that all the attacks are required to be from the same tile?
c) is it common to either run out of cubes in your supply or have all of your cubes vanquished from the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a) You cannot have more than 5 cubes on a tile.
b) You can carry out multiple attacks from any number of different tiles you own (whether you own them before the action or because of the action).
c) Run out of cubes yes, this is what ziggurats are nice for (get them back); get erased from the board, I never saw it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
flowtron wrote:
a) can u build a ziggurat on a tile with >5 cubes?

There can never be more than 5 cubes on a tile to begin with. Should the occasion arise, then superfluous cubes are simply not placed.

Quote:
b) you can carry out multiple attacks with one war action. am I right that all the attacks are required to be from the same tile?

No, attacks may be conducted from all tiles under your control. Note that the rules may or may not be entirely clear as to the correct procedure for a battle:
— first pick a tile of your own you want to attack from, which is now called the attacking tile;
— then pick an empty tile or one belonging to another player, which is now called the defending tile;
remove all cubes present on the defending tile;
— remove an equal number of cubes on the attacking tile;
— remove one extra cube from the attacking tile unless either the attacking tile is a war tile or both attacking and defending tile show the same image;
— then move at least one cube from the attacking to the defending tile, abandoning the attacking tile completely if need be.

Once you've chosen the War action you may repeat the above procedure as often as you like and/or can. Also note that all steps from and including the must be completed; if there is a kink somewhere that particular battle may not take place.

Quote:
c) is it common to either run out of cubes in your supply or have all of your cubes vanquished from the tiles?

Cube management can at times become an issue; yes. Being completely vanquished sounds odd; and if it happens it will leave attackers in a weakened state unless a truly bizarre tile layout allows them to bring in cubes really cheaply.

HTH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
responses :
a) my bad, completely escaped my mind (the 5 cube limit) .. thanks
b) wow, completely changes the dimension of this game. brings to mind John Conway's 'Game of Life' for some reason. expansions, multiplying, and extinctions (from agriculture action to some degree). i wonder if there is an influence.
c) ok, makes sense . . thanks to both responders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like to add a couple more questions :

d) when exchanging tiles, do you have to adhere to the setup limitation of not allowing 2 adjacent tiles to have the same upper face?
e) if you had all your cubes removed from the board, you get an option to place 3 cubes on a free tile? this isn't related to the 'not taking 1 or 2 actions' options with cube placements, is it? the instructions place the 3 cube rule in an odd place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
d) no (otherwise you can never go to a same-face tile – see war conditions)
e) I wasn’t aware of the 3 free cubes, so I can’t say. If you get erased, just resign the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Once you've chosen the War action you may repeat the above procedure as often as you like and/or can. Also note that all steps from and including the must be completed; if there is a kink somewhere that particular battle may not take place.

does this mean I can launch an attack from a tile i just invaded successfully? or are attacks launched only from tiles i owned at the beginning of my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
No. It means a battle must be played to completion or not at all There is no stipulation on where you attack from; the only requirement is that the tile is yours. So you may attack from a tile you just conquered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
flowtron wrote:
does this mean I can launch an attack from a tile i just invaded successfully? or are attacks launched only from tiles i owned at the beginning of my turn?

beri2 wrote:
(whether you own them before the action or because of the action).
So yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
— remove one extra cube from the attacking tile unless either the attacking tile is a war tile or both attacking and defending tile show the same image

or if the defending tile is unoccupied, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
No, not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Revok
United States
Rescue
CA
flag msg tools
(I like tearing)
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, ok .. i was not paying close enough attention to Pierre's last comment in this thread :
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/528824/do-we-play-war-corre...

he mentions no cube loss iff the attack is from a War tile.

OK! I think I have the ruleset down now. Thanks very much for all of the responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.